Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2015

Hi I have done software update for my Sound Touch connected with Lifestyle 525 smoothly . Then it asked for Console software update but could not do that

My lifestyle 525 has sound touch conneted . I updated the soundtouch as asked for . Then started to update Console but half way done it says ... A file that is necessary to run the update is not accessiable in bose server... What I do now 
gbh123
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Hi I have done software update for my Sound Touch connected with Lifestyle 525 smoothly . Then it asked for Console software update but could not do that

Hi Gnh123,
To update your lifestyle system media center, you will need usb flash drive.
This is the step : (only for udating, not initial setup )
Go to setup on your media center and choose update, you will be asked to insert usb flash drive to usb port on media center and continue. The lifestyle system will copy a file name called launcher to usb drive. Unplug it and insert to pc/laptop and open that file. It will automatically redirect you to bose website to update, choose your OS, and download the update  file and then install it. After it install to your usb drive click finish and insert it back to your usb port on your media center, then continue. It will updating your lifestyle system. After it done, you can continue enjoy your lifestyle system.
rgds
Jordan

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Hi I have done software update for my Sound Touch connected with Lifestyle 525 smoothly . Then it asked for Console software update but could not do that

Please follow the steps Jordan mentioned above. Once the console is up to date, you can also find the steps to manually update the SoundTouch Adapter here.
Let us know if you continue to have trouble.