Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hakki
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2016

High upload for inactif soundtouch systems

Hello,

I'm using a SoundTouch 10 and a SoundTouch Wireless link and on both devices I can see an amount of upload on the network (>20MB/day), even when I don't use the app all day.
Can you tell me what kind of info you're uploading or why I can see traffic on it when not in use?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: High upload for inactif soundtouch systems

Hi Hakki,

Thanks for the question.  To be honest, I'm not sure why it is using that kind of data.  I've checked both of my SoundTouch systems (which are normal production systems like you would buy in a store, set up on a personal account, not for work) and over the past 24 hours.  My ST30 has about 750KB of upload, and my SoundTouch Stereo JC has exactly 52.62KB of upload out to the internet.  Are you sure that the 20MB that you're seeing isn't including throughput on the network, and also network discovery activities?

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Hakki

Hi again Hakki,

Good question.  I'm not exactly sure of the best way to measure or monitor the upload/download amount, as I've always run routers with custom firmware (AdvancedTomato).  I'm not too familiar with the Google WiFi interface; Are there apps that you can download in the router to customize what you can see?

-Brandon

4 REPLIES 4
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Hakki,

Thanks for the question.  To be honest, I'm not sure why it is using that kind of data.  I've checked both of my SoundTouch systems (which are normal production systems like you would buy in a store, set up on a personal account, not for work) and over the past 24 hours.  My ST30 has about 750KB of upload, and my SoundTouch Stereo JC has exactly 52.62KB of upload out to the internet.  Are you sure that the 20MB that you're seeing isn't including throughput on the network, and also network discovery activities?

Thanks,

Brandon

Hakki
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2016

Hi Brandon,
Thx for your feedback. I have no idea if it's real upload or only local network usage. I can see this amount of traffic in Google WiFi. No idea what it really calculated and don't know for sure if it's really accurate. Your values do seem normal, that's why I asked the question.

How can you measure it? Or is it not an easy way to check this?
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Hakki

Hi again Hakki,

Good question.  I'm not exactly sure of the best way to measure or monitor the upload/download amount, as I've always run routers with custom firmware (AdvancedTomato).  I'm not too familiar with the Google WiFi interface; Are there apps that you can download in the router to customize what you can see?

-Brandon

Hakki
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2016

No, that's not possible on Google Wifi.
But OK, I trust you and I suppose that it's not really uploading 🙂 Probably just the network traffic to keep app connection.