Highlighted
Luck_Dennis
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

How can my apps can't find my SoundTouch on network, while it's playing music from network?!?!??!

How can my apps can't find my SoundTouch on network, while it's playing music from network?!?!??!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How can my apps can't find my SoundTouch on network, while it's playing music from network?!?...

Hello Luck_Dennis, 

I am sorry to hear about this issue. 

Could you please try to completely shut your SoundTouch app down, and then open it again? 

Kind regards, 

Irina

Luck_Dennis
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Re: How can my apps can't find my SoundTouch on network, while it's playing music from network?!?...

I did, multiple times. Right now speaker plays from network, but can’t find it with app on the same network...
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Luck_Dennis,

Sorry to hear about the continued issues.  The reason that the SoundTouch can play music but the app cannot see it, is because the two work independent of each other.  The app detects that the speaker is on your network, and sends it a command to play music.  The speaker then reaches out to the internet, gets the music and plays it.  What it seems like you're having is what we call a system detection issue.

One common troubleshooting step is to reboot your wireless router.  Unplug the power to your router for 30 seconds, then plug back in and try again.

Do you have the SoundTouch app installed on multiple devices?  Which devices?  Mobile phones?  Computers?

Thanks,

Brandon

Luck_Dennis
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Hi,

I do: iPhone, iPad, Windows desktop application....

My router reboots daily. Is there a way in the app to “ping” the speaker with IP address or MAC address vs “searching” the network?
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Thanks for the info.  

There's no way to manually ping the SoundTouch speakers via the app.  

What type of router do you have?  Do you have any extra access points or wifi extenders connected to it?

Has this been happening since you first set up the speaker?

Best,

Brandon

Luck_Dennis
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Hi, I have a D-link router with Netgear extenders.

All were connected to main router.

I unplugged everything, waited a while and it finally worked...

Thank you for your help, I hope the issue won’t come back.

Regards,

Luc
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Luc,

Thanks for the follow-up!  If you have anymore questions, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon