Highlighted
4everSteve
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2017

How do I get Tunein to work please?

I’ve not used my Bose speakers for a couple of months because they’ve been packed away during major house renovations, and when I get them back I find I have a new radio service that doesn’t work!

When I start Tunein, I get a list of favourites (inc BBC Radio 1 & 2) that work as the old system did, but none of the stations I regularly listen to (e.g.  5 Live, 6 Music plus several independent stations). No, problem I think, as I just stick them into the search box and it’ll find them - after all some of them are the most listened to stations in the UK. But no, it just sits there searching. I left it at one point searching for over an hour and still no joy.

Can somebody please tell me how on earth I get this to work please, as once again I seem to have an “improved” system that is totally useless!

Cheers.

3 REPLIES 3
geney
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

Re: How do I get Tunein to work please?

I found that my presets reappeared and connected ONLY after using my Soundtouch iPhone app. The desktop app stopped working.

Hello 4everSteve,

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear your issue about trying to locate your stations in TuneIn is not working. Can you try unplugging your SoundTouch system and router from power for 30 seconds and retest to see if you're able to search in TuneIn for your stations? 

Let me know if this helps.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Hi geney,

Sorry to see your desktop app is no longer working.

Do you own a Windows or Mac computer?

Let me know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel