How do I turn off the SoundTouch via the Web Service API?

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

How do I turn off the SoundTouch via the Web Service API?

Hi,
I have been able to turn on my SoundTouch using the Web Service API, but I was wondering how I would turn it off again (or rather put it in standby)?
I guess I could use the keys service, but if the system is off already, won’t it turn it on?  When what I want to do is guarantee turning it off?   Is there a "STANDBY" preset I can use or something?
I suspect I'll get the default response from Bose about sending an email to the SoundTouchAPI email address -- I've already done that and haven't had a response as yet (I did only send the email on Saturday though), but I was wondering if anyone else on the community had any thoughts?
Thanks again for any assistance anyone can provide.
D.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
This widget could not be displayed.

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate

Re: How do I turn off the SoundTouch via the Web Service API?

Thanks.  The answer is that at this time, there isn't a function for that.  The recommendation is to use the /key endpoint with the "POWER" value.  As it's a toggle, the recommendation is to check now_playing and only 'press' the power key if the source field for contentItem isn't "STANDBY".  Thanks again.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi dparkinson,

As you mentioned in your post, official support for the SoundTouch API does need to go through the dedicated email address you have already contacted.
We will leave this post open here for any community assistance as well.
For the benefit of other uses reading, we will also leave a link to the Developer API page

Thank you. 

Audible Advocate

Thanks.  The answer is that at this time, there isn't a function for that.  The recommendation is to use the /key endpoint with the "POWER" value.  As it's a toggle, the recommendation is to check now_playing and only 'press' the power key if the source field for contentItem isn't "STANDBY".  Thanks again.