Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

How to connect Alexa with Soundtouch 300 and no spotify on ST 10 ?

Hello

I connected my wireless connected soundtouch 10 with the alexa skill, but the device search does not find the soundtouch 300 which is connected by ethernet into the same network (play all works without problems in the soundtouch app) . How do I enable the soundtouch 300 ?

Second when I ask the ST 10 via alexa to splay spotify it tells me spotify is not supported on this device , while I can play spotify on the same ST 10 without problems from the spotify app (as paid user) 

Any help apprechiated 

Bjoern

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: How to connect Alexa with Soundtouch 300 and no spotify on ST 10 ?

You can add the Soundtouch 300 in the Amazon Alexa app.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

the Amazon alexa app scanned for devices & found only the ST 10 .. but not the ST 300. tried it twice .. is this maybe because the ST 300 is connected by ethernet & not wifi ? Maybe I should disconnect the ethernet cable and run it only on wifi ? 

greetings bjoern 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Bjoern Hirsch,

Thanks for the posts and welcome to the community!

Let me know how the testing goes via connecting the SoundTouch 300 to WiFi if it's not detecting the system. As for Spotify support using the Bose Skill, this is not available. If there are any new developments, we will let the community know. What region are you located? I can then let you know what is available for streaming services using the Bose Skill.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support