Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicko1165
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2018

How to connect My cloud home to Soundtouch 300

I am trying to connect my Sound Touch 300 to my NAS box which is a WD My Cloud Home box.

I have copied Itunes to the server in the Public folder but it cannot be seen.

I now understand Itunes server is not supported on this NAS box but surely the Bose app should still be able to see the NAS box and find a Music folder.

Any help would be appreciated

Nick

5 REPLIES 5
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: How to connect My cloud home to Soundtouch 300

Hello Nick,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Have you check in the My Cloud settings to make sure DLNA is enabled? The following instructions I have found, maybe be able to help. The instructions can be found HERE

Let us know if this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

nicko1165
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2018

Still not solved the problem. The my cloud Home version may be different to the other versions of the box.

Not very good marketing on their website which suggested it would work but it clearly does not.

boseMycloudiTunes
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2018

I was able to do it by copying the "itunes" folder into the "shared music" folder.  Then, next time you open itunes, hold down option key to select the library on your MyCloud device.  It is the first few steps of the following instructions on this link - 

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/How-to-Create-iTunes-Playlist-on-NAS-WD-My-Cloud-f...

Once you get the library setup, you might want your playlists to show.  The other steps are to get your playlists to show up.

boseMycloudiTunes
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2018

Other things I did to make sure the My Cloud was visible...

1) setup a static ip on your router, and designate the MyCloud to have that reserved ip.

2) turn off the power saver mode on your MyCloud under settings

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello boseMycloudiTunes,

Thank you again for the great help on the community, it is greatly appreciated. Hopefully this can help @nicko1165.

Let us know the results nicko1165.

Kind Regards,

Joel