Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitrotg
Registered since

Dec 23, 2015

How to firmware update?

Hi.. 
Just got the Soundtouch 520 speaker system and trying to find out if i have the latest firmware installed.. when i open the soundtouch app ican only see the software version 10.0.11 but n ot the firmware version
The reason why i wanna update is that i can't get my Nvidia Shield TV media player to work with the system because its outputting 4k 60hz.. so i'm getting the resolution not supported..

That sould be fixed in the new firmware version..

I tyred making a USB with the firmware but the Bose update app dont not reconise the USB no mather what i format it in (tryed fat, fat32)

3 REPLIES 3
shawn_o1
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jul 14, 2015

Re: How to firmware update?

Hi nitrotg,
I can help with your question. I would recommend performing a manual USB update which is done on the sub-woofer and a computer. I will start with some instructions and then a link to use in the computer to get the update after the first step is completed.
Step 1 - Power on the system. The LED on the bass module should be solidly lit
Connect the USB flash drive into the bass module (may be labeled "Service" or "USB", after a few seconds, the bass module LED indicator should turn green and may be flashing, then shut off. (If the LED does not change after connecting the USB drive, remove it and reinsert it)
When the LED goes out, remove the USB drive
Then take the USB to a computer and get the updater:
Click here
Then follow the instructions until you are prompted to remove the USB from the computer and place it back in the sub-woofer to update the system.
I hope this helps.
Shawn
nitrotg
Registered since

Dec 23, 2015

Hi.. Thx for the quick replay..
I did what you told me and apperntly the system is up to date.. But im still not able to get video signal from my Nvidia box..
Do i need to connect to a specific HDMI slot?

The Nvidia box works fine directly connected to the TV (samsung UHD 9505)

shawn_o1
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jul 14, 2015

Thank you for the additional information on the Nvidia box. Looking into this it looks like the Bose console is not going to be able to pass video from that box. The Nvidia used HDMI 2.0 the Bose console is HDMI 1.4. The only work around would be running the HDMI from the Nvidia box directly to the TV and then connecting an optical audio cable from the TV to the Bose console to get the sound through the system.
Shawn