Silent Starter
Registered since

May 31, 2018

I'd like more detail on setting up Alexa to communicate with my sound touch link

I have an old onkyo receiver without wireless abilities. I added a bose link. The link is connected to wifi and I added my music library and have user online services.  Fine. I have named it "Link" in the app.

I added a bose skill to my echo.  I can get the echo to talk to the bose link with Bluetooth.  However, echo keeps saying that it cannot find any speaker capable of playing music when I invoke the bose skill and try to connect via the wifi.

I say  "alexa ask bose to play the Beatles.". I get the above statement unable to find speaker.  And I get the echo playing the Beatles with its own speaker.  Like when my Bluetooth cuts out, which is why I want wifi.

What should I say?  Please be precise. Alexa seems to like things only one way...her way.

Thoughts and experiences appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: I'd like more detail on setting up Alexa to communicate with my sound touch link

Hello Philipw2,

Thank you for posting. 

During the time when you are unable to find the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter within the skill, is it disconnected from the Alexa using Bluetooth? Can you also test by disabling the Bose skill within Alexa, reboot your Alexa device by unplugging from power for 30 seconds. Last step is to reboot your router by unplugging it from power as well.

Let us know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support