Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

I still can't Shuffle my media library tracks after the update

I have SoundTouch app in my Windows PC

Interface version 14.70.2-602+7CDFC3A,

App Version 14.0.15-339+ABB2366 in 

My LifeStyle 650 has

Software Version 10.0.18

Please help I can't shuffle thru all my tracks it only shuffles thru all the tracks that start with the same letter of the first song I pick.  This issue has been reported long ago and a workaround was supplied but when are we going to get an actual fix for this?

17 REPLIES 17
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: I still can't Shuffle my media library tracks after the update

Hi fsuero, 

I don't think your app has updated to the version that will fix this quite yet. I see that your app version is 14.0.15 for your PC and 14.60.1 for your mobile device. These versions do not have the shuffle fix included.  The fix for this is in 14.80.6 and should be pushed to your system within the upcoming days. To check the version of app you are running you can go to Menu (in the upper left) > Settings > About > SoundTouch App Info. After the app updates, please let us know if you continue to have issues with the shuffle functionality. 

Thank you 

fsuero
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

Well today is the 23rd and last night I finally got the update in my Lifestyle 650.  Now the SoundTouch App in my Windows PC is running Interface Version: 14.8.6, App Version: 14.8.6, and my Lifestyle 650 is running Software Version: 14.10.21.

I was exited this morning to see if I can finally shuffle thru my media library just to discover that the application still doing the same thing. Shuffeling thru songs that start with the same letter.  BIG DISAPPOINTMENT :-(.  Am I doing something wrong ? 

biljir
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

You are not alone.

biljir
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

BTW, this was reported yesterday on a separate thread, but that thread had been marked "solved" before the version that was supposed to fix the problem was actually available. I suspect the fact that the new reports wwere on a "solved" thread is why they have gotten no attention.

tapestry1970
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2015

Totally agree with the comment above. The shuffle feature is not as it was back in September. Recent upates, including the one yesterday have not fixed it.

fsuero
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

It is incredible how long has this been going on.  I am a programmer and obviously no one is doing testing and QA before actually claiming that they are fixing the BUG in this update.  Who is managing the team and who is responsible for all the software?  At the pace this app is going it is never going to catch up and it is really hurting the Bose brand which is very unfortunate.

Hully
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2015

That 'solved' was my fault, I set the thread status on the promise that the February upgrade would solve the 7 month old shuffle problem. 

I'm guessing we've got a long wait before this will be fixed.

fsuero
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

Well it has been more than a week and no response from Bose ????

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi all, 

Please try an update to the latest version that was pushed on the 8th and let us know if you continue to experience the shuffle issue. 

Thank you