Registered since

Dec 10, 2016

Input Switches from CBL-SAT to TV Automatically

Hello,
My Cinemate 120 started doing something odd.  Usually when set at CBL-SAT and I hit the power button, my Bose and TV both come on and off.  But now when hit the power button, Bose and TV both comes on....but about a minute later, the Bose automatically switches to TV...and I lose my picture then.  I have to manually hit the CBL-SAT button and goes back to what it is supposed to be.  How do I stop that automatic switch, but still keep the CBL button powering up my Bose and TV?
3 REPLIES 3
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

Re: Input Switches from CBL-SAT to TV Automatically

I am having the same exact issue.   The good news is that after the first occurrence, no issues.  However, not sure what changed as it was working perfectly and then not.  I am using a Samsung TV and it is was maybe an update provided by them, but can't confirm or deny.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Thank you for reaching out for help with this. Sometimes CEC conflicts with other devices. Try changing the HDMI CEC setting to "Alternative" or "Off" and seeing if the issue goes away. Here is how to do that:

1. On the remote control, press the System button
  2. Press the down arrow to navigate to "3 HDMI-CEC"
  3. Press the left or right arrow to adjust HDMI CEC setting:
    1. DEFAULT ON: Enables CEC
    2. ALTERNATIVE ON: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. OFF: Disables CEC
  4. Press EXIT to exit the menu. (This is a global setting and will apply to all inputs.)

If this fails to change anything, the next step would be to disable CEC on your television. 

Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

Changing the setting to ALTERNATIVE ON solved the problem.   Thanks for your expertise and quick response!!!