Vinpal
Registered since

Aug 19, 2016

Integrate custome playlist for Amazon Music

Hello
Recently purchased sound touch 30, tried Sonos as well, Bluetooth feature is what pulled me to soundtouch, but App is lacking, when can we expect integration of custom play list from Amazon music into soundtouch app
6 REPLIES 6
shawn_o1
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jul 14, 2015

Re: Integrate custome playlist for Amazon Music

Hi Vinpal,
Thank you for getting in touch with us about your SoundTouch speaker system. I have not heard any plans yet for adding the ability to add custom playlists for Amazon music. Please Click here  to see the changes to the latest software update which you should have by next week and Click here to view new features currently under development. We do make changes based on user feedback like your suggestion.
Best regards
Shawn

Mercury_Theater
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Please consider this an official Suggestion from a customer:  I own a Soundtouch 300 bar and two Soundtouch 10 speakers, I actually got rid of my Sonos speakers as a "sound quality" trade-up for what I assumed was a very similar technology.  It never even occurred to me that the Bose app would not include the ability to play one’s own custom playlist, as it’s such a Basic feature that even much older speaker systems have.  And it further disappoints me to find out that this standard feature is not something Bose seems to consider a priority.  The idea that Bose thinks customers prefer random radio mixes to their own custom playlists is quite frankly, beyond me.  I can use a non-Bose app to play my list to a single Bose speaker, but not stream to all of them.  In essence, I have traded slightly better sound quality for Far inferior connectivity between my speakers.  

Request:  Add the ability to play Custom Playlists through the Bose app to connected soundtouch devices.  Priority: HIGH

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Mercury_Theater, 

We are actively collaborating with Amazon to enable the support of more Amazon Music features in SoundTouch. Custom user playlists is a high priority for our Amazon Music for SoundTouch expansion efforts. We will keep this community informed as we continue to add more Amazon Music and Prime Music features.

You mention that you can use a non-Bose app but only can play this to a single speaker at a time. If you can connect your source device to one of the Bose speakers via Bluetooth, you should be able to then use our app to rebroadcast this content to all of your other devices.  Please let us know if you need assistance in setting this up or if you are getting stuck throughout the process. 

Thank you 

JonnySpoonz
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2017

Hi,

Ninety days after this initial respons, I would like to get a status on the integration of the Amazon custom playlists into the App. When I purchased my latest Soundtouch speaker yesterday I was told this was delivered functionality. That is obviously not the case. Is Bose actually working on this feature or should we give on maintaining any expectations at this point?

Thanks,

jonathan

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi JonnySpoonz,

The software development team is still actively working on Amazon custom playlists for the SoundTouch App, but I do not have a timeline for when this feature will be available.

Best Regards,

Brandon

mattius
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

It would be nice to even just have Amazon Music in the UK....

3 Streaming Services are available in the uk, 3...