Highlighted
voodooboy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2015

Intermittent Soundtouch 4203 Errors Since Recent Updates

Hi

I have one Soundtouch 20 and two Soundtouch 10 speakers which I have had no major issue with over the last 12 months or so HOWEVER there was a forced update of the Apps and Speakers recently and since this update I have had nothing but issues. Some or even all of the speakers are randomly not connecting but may show on the App on my iphone as connected but then not on the App on my PC where my music collection is stored and vica versa.

My PC is hardwired to my Wireless router but intermittently I can not see my music collection and have been getting a variation of error messages as a result. As a result I have been in a constant cycle since these updates of having to keep rebooting my PC, re starting my Wireless router, removing and re adding speakers just to even get Internet radio to play.

Sometimes I can then get my Music Library recognised but not always. Strangely though when I can get an album to play from my Music Library more often than not after about 10 minutes the music stops randomly and I then get a 4203 error but not always. Sometimes I can wait a short while and try again and I can play from my Music Library but more often than not I have to reboot either my PC (Muisc Library) or my router to get anything to play.

I have disabled the Windows Firewall, which doesnt appear to have made any difference and I have also tried removing and re adding the Music Library on my PC, which I have done several times, as well as removing all the speakers and re adding them numerous times. Please can someone advise or help because I am close to giving up on these speakers.

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Intermittent Soundtouch 4203 Errors Since Recent Updates

Hello Voodooboy, 

Thank you for reaching out to the community! I am sorry to hear you have been having issues since the recent updates. 
I will do everything I can do assist you. 

From reading your message I can see you have been getting an error message, Error 4203. This error code means the Soundtouch app is unable to access the music library. 
Before the recent updates did you have any issues with the music library at all? 

I would also recommend you follow these steps. Just so we can make sure everything has been tested, I know you have tried a lot of troubleshooting already. 
It might also be worth trying to uninstall and reinstalling the Soundtouch app as well. 

If you have already tried the recommendations, please do let me know. 

Thank you for getting in touch and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day! 

Kind regards 
Liam - Community Support

voodooboy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2015

Hi Liam

Thanks for your response. Prior to these updates I had never had any problems with accessing my iTunes Music Library on my PC, running Windows 7. I also have never had any major issues with the App not seeing connected speakers but I am now finding myself keep removing and re adding speakers regulary to get them recognised. I found somewhere in the community that someone had seen their Windows Music Streaming option turned off via a Windows Update so I checked that and that is turned on. I have uninstalled and re installed the App on my iPhone and on my PC (again) and I have also removed and re added My Music Library, which I had done on more than one ocassion previously. Subsequetly I got 6 songs into an album and it randomly stopped playing with no error showing and although I could still see all my tracks in the App and even was able to select another track it was then that got the 4203 error. Therefore I removed and re added the Music Library AGAIN and was then able to play another track. However surely I cant be expected to remove and re add My Music Library every 20 minutes or so after these continual random stoppages ?

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello Voodooboy, 

Thank you for getting back in touch, I am sorry you are still having issues with your music library. 
At this point I would highly recommend that you contact our Technical Support team who will be able to troubleshoot and investigate this issue further.

If you click Here, select your region and scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Contact us" you will find the details for the technical support line. 

I hope this will help with your issue. Again if you have any further questions or queries please do feel free to drop a message. 

Kind regards 
Liam - Community Support   

joe_wht@msn.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

I've had the same problem for OVER A YEAR.

I have my Bose Wave Soundtouch ethernet wired to my Netgear Nighthawk Router R8500 which pulls the music

off my Netgear ReadNAS214 Server.

I need noise to stay asleep and I've found that soft instrimental like "Marconi Union - Weightless" gets me to sleep faster and keeps me knocked out all night.

My only problem.. my bose will play 2 to 3 tracks and STOPS.

The 18 min standby is disabled.

I have my server set to update/backup files while I'm at work, so it's doing nothing else at night.

I saw online something about the DHCP router setting release time..  I found something in my router settings that has a 6 month renew/ release.. so that's way far off.  I couldn't find anything else that I could change.

---  anything else I can do ??

Hi Joe, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. I would be more than happy to help you resolve these. 

The Netgear ReadNAS214 Server is not fully supported with the SoundTouch systems even though it works intermittently. I would recommend looking into these compatible NAS drives. Compatible NAS drives are Western Digital My Cloud (Not MyHome) and Synology. We would recommend trying one of these NAS drives. 

Let us know if this makes a difference. 

Many Thanks, 

Vicky W