cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil.Mooney
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2016

Intermittent output from multiple speakers.

Hi, 

I hope someone can help?

I have several SoundTouch systems - 1 x 30, 2 x 20, 1 x Portable and 3 using the adaptor - which have worked brilliantly up until today.

When playing music from the NAS (Synology NAS) this evening it wasn’t possible to stream the music from all speakers..most would cut in and out. Music would play on the primary speaker continuously but all other speakers experienced this problem.

I removed all speakers from the account and re-added but this issue continued. It’s strange as this issue doesn’t occur when using TuneIn Radio or streaming from the iTunes account on the laptop. 

I have removed the NAS library and re-added this too but this didn’t solve the issue.

Is is anyone able to offer any advice as the music constantly dipping in and out was very irritating.

Thanks

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Intermittent output from multiple speakers.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello Neil,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing in great detail what you have done.

I think the best thing to do now is to contact technical support over the phone since they have additional tools to look into this better for you.

If you go HERE, select your region scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us," and there will be a phone number for support listed. 

Let me know what the results are.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Neil.Mooney
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2016

Sorry - meant to add. I can play the songs individually from the NAS on each of the separate SoundTouch speakers so linking to the NAS doesn’t seem to be the problem.

brucemct
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2017

Wish I could help, but I am now having the same problem with my collection of ST 10, 20 and Soundbar 300.   Any one speaker plays fine, but when trying to play music through multiple speakers, various ones cut out for 3-5 seconds, then come back on.  Very frustrating.  

I'm doing all software updates.  

My home network is based on a TELUS dual-band modem / router, so this should be a fairly widely known, and I would hope tested by Bose system.  

I have tried isolating my Bose speakers to only one band (2.4 or 5 G), and while that may work for a day or two, this problem comes back. 

Help 

Lonegunmen
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

I have the same, problem when i am lissening my SoundTouch and push "Send All", the rest of Soundtouch switch on the light of the musical symbol( the rightest). But doesn sound anything.

Help?

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Neil.Mooney,

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to see that your NAS library is getting intermittent audio during Play All and I'd be happy to help. 

Since all other sources work during Play All, we need to take a closer look at what other devices are on your network. Is anyone else in the household gaming or streaming video when you're trying to use Play All from your NAS?

Using Play All from an internal source such as a music library and NAS can be a lot more intensive on your network. Have you tried rebooting your router and any access points you may have?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi brucemct,

Thank you for posting as well.

What music sources are you running into with this issue?

Similar to what I asked Neil, is there anyone gaming or streaming video when you're attempting to Play All?

Have you tried rebooting your router and does this help? Also, what is the model number of your Telus router?

Let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Lonegunmen,

Thanks for the post.

I have answered your post HERE.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Neil.Mooney
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2016

Hi Joel,

I’ve tried everything!

I have rebooted the router...still the same.

I have reset the router to the factory settings and re-entered all of the port forwarding rules...this helped as the drop-outs aren’t as frequent but I’m still not getting the seamless play I once had.

I bought and installed a new mesh WiFi network - a bit extreme, I know - and installed as an access point to see if this improved the connection. Once again, the situation improved but still not back to where it was.

I’ve been home alone this morning so no-one on the network but me...and the usual devices (doorbell, doorbell chimes, security camera x2) so nothing that has a big demand on the network. I’m currently getting 40Mbps (not great I know) and that’s more than enough to stream music throughout the house. I’ve been playing music on play all this morning and still encountering issues on play from the NAS. The drop outs aren’t as frequent but there still there especially when the ‘track’ changes. Certain speakers are more affected than others. These issues don’t occur when playing from the music library on the laptop or when playing all and using TuneIn.

I have other issues such as play all will work for all 7 speakers when I use a specific host/primary speaker but not when other speakers are the host. All very strange.

any help you can offer will be much appreciated.

Thanks 

Neil

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello Neil,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing in great detail what you have done.

I think the best thing to do now is to contact technical support over the phone since they have additional tools to look into this better for you.

If you go HERE, select your region scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us," and there will be a phone number for support listed. 

Let me know what the results are.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

View solution in original post

Lonegunmen
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

I have to carry the speakers to a Bose technical support, unfortunally is not near my house. And it is a problem that not always happen.

also i guess that the speakers are out of garatie, altought the problem was from the first day. Ocasionaly...