cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danaleighton
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

Internet Radio Station KCRW No Longer Working

I am using a Soundtouch Wave (original). I listen to a few internet radio stations on it. One station has stopped working:
KCRW 89.9 Santa Monica
If you search for KCRW in the Internet Radio part of the Soundtouch App, you will see this terrestrial radio station has several streams listed. Two of them are working:
KCRW 89.9 HD2 Eclectic 24
KCRW 89.9 HD3 News 24
The other streams (which are simulcasts) are no longer working. This is the case for both the iOS app, and the Mac app. They stopped working a few weeks ago I think. These streams can be played form other sources (e.g., iTunes, web browser, etc.) I am currently playing them through the Soundtouch by Airplaying the output from my Mac, but this is inconvenient.
I have tried all of the following:
1. Resetting the Wave and Pedestal
2. Removing my Sounttouch App and data and reinstalling
3. Restarting the Mac & iPhone
Anyone have a fix for this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
This widget could not be displayed.
Marty K.
Mentor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Re: Internet Radio Station KCRW No Longer Working

The live on-air stream of KCRW is working for me at the moment through iHeartRadio in the SoundTouch app, so if its not working through the Internet Radio part of the app, try it through iHeartRadio.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
This widget could not be displayed.
Marty K.
Mentor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

The live on-air stream of KCRW is working for me at the moment through iHeartRadio in the SoundTouch app, so if its not working through the Internet Radio part of the app, try it through iHeartRadio.

View solution in original post

danaleighton
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

Thanks Marty. I am trying it. Does iHeartRadio insert ads into the live radio streams like Pandora? That's main reason I don't usually use "free" services like that.
In any event, I think Bose needs to fix that station's stream.
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

danaleighton
As of our testing right now KCRW 89.9 HD2 Eclectic 24 & KCRW 89.9 HD3 News 24 are both playing normally, both through vTuner's website and through our SoundTouch equipment.
Please try these again through the "internet radio" source and let us know if you are still having issues. Thank you. 
Radioaddict
Registered since

Feb 7, 2016

There is an intermittent probem with the various KCRW streams through SoundTouch equipment. I can't start KCRW Eclectic24 through the pre-set but (most of the time) if I do a new search through the Bose SoundTouch app it starts up. KCRW 89.9 (main radio station) I can't get to work at all. If you look under Local Los Angeles stations in SoundTouch app KCRW does not longer show up, but if you just use the search function all the KCRW stations show up but only launch intermittently... Configuration issue between vTuner - SoundTouch/Bose?
danaleighton
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

In re: George (bose)'s response -- Wow, did you even read the original message? You simply confirmed what I was reporting. The issue is not with Eclectic 24 or News 24, the issue is with the main simulcast stream: KCRW 89.9 Santa Monica. Please re-read the original message and let us know what is happening with the main stream.
Marty's workaround seems to be a temporary solution. I have listened to it for a while and no ads inserted by iheartradio as of yet.
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Many apologies for the issue. Let me forward this on to our colleagues at vTuner to see if we can gain any insight and get some resolve.

Thank you