Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2017

Internet Radio Stations cutting out

Hi,

Just bought a Bose SoundTouch III...sound is great, when it is playing Spotify.

But when playing Internetradio it starts cutting out...I have not been able to find a station which does not cut...it cuts several times a minute and makes it impossible to enjoy listening to radio stations.

when using Bluetooth, streaming from TuneIn there is no cutting.

I have both tried Wifi and cabled connection.

the firmware is updated to the most recent version.

I can see in previous postings, that this issue is well known.....why is it that difficult to solve. I chose Bose SoundTouch due to the possibility of the build in preset buttons.

i am sorry to say, I am not a Bose ambassador and can't recommend Bose SoundTouch until this is solved.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Internet Radio Stations cutting out

Hi Malling, 

I'm very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Can you try to unplug both the Bose system and your router from power for 30 seconds to see if a reset will help? Can you also provide the names of 2 stations that are experiencing this so I can test them on my end? Do you listen to mostly local stations? Does changing presets and going back seem to resolve it? If the resets don't fix this, can you recreate the issue, capture system and app logs using the procedure HERE and upload them to the folder HERE?

Thank you 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2017

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue with all 3 of my ST 20 speakers.

Every now and then (sometimes twice a minute, other times onece every 10 mins) they are cutting out a couple seconds.

Resetting the network devices (Wifi-Controller, Switch, Router, Firewall, etc) of course does not solve the problem.

I have the strong feeling that this issue came up with one of the last software updates because I did not see my radio stations to have the frequent pausings a couple months ago.

The station names that are having the issue at my site: Radio Osttirol, Hitradio oe3, Radio Tirol

Is there a possibility to switch back to an older software verson to verify?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Hars_Nixon,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a similar issue. We don't recommend rolling back to older software versions, as this can cause compatibility issues. Curiously, have you tried these stations on both the Internet Radio source and TuneIn? Are these stations set as presets? Could you try removing and readding the stations as presets to see if this helps at all?

Let us know your results!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2017

Hi,

sorry, but both of your inputs did not show an improvment.
No difference between TuneIn and regular internet radio.
Reprogramming the presets did not change anything.

Regards HN

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2017

I have a similar problem with sound touch 10.

Mostkly i listen to BBC world service - doing this from either a chromebook, android phone or PC works pretty much forever. When I try to do this using the Bose on the very same home network ... it cuts out. If i turn the bose on and off it works again sometimes it will run for a few hours sometimes for a few mins. Sometime it does recover which i am attributing to a streaming error but most of the time it does not.

I ahve two speakers in paired mode - was going to go for the ST30 but would not dream of doing so until teh SW is able to reliably stream audio off the internet,

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Hars and Jonathan,

There's a software update for SoundTouch that is being released starting today.  Let's get this installed and see if the issues still persist.

Thanks,

Brandon