Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Internet Radio will not play after 19.x update

A white square often displayed at switch on on my new soundtouch 20. Manual states Audio Stopped. What is it and is it prevented?

66 REPLIES 66
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 30, 2015

Radio channel NRJ Belgium 103.7 FM not working anymore

Hi,

NRJ Belgium 103.7 FM is not working anymore.  It shows up on the list of stations to pick when we search for NRJ (along with NRJ stations all across Europe) but it does not work anymore since this morning.

Can you check and fix ?  Thanks a lot.

B. Boreux

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Radio channel NRJ Belgium 103.7 FM not working anymore

Hi BBBose,

Thanks for the post.  Is this under the 'Internet Radio' or 'TuneIn' source?  Can we try both and see if the same thing happens on both services, or if one works correctly?

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: White Square on Soundtouch 20

Hi Ozze-N,

Thanks for the question.  This will display when music is either manually stopped, or when an online audio stream is interrupted.  This is normal to see.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Hi Brandon

The white square often shows after a preset is pressed after the device displays time after itis powered up or when a preset is selected from standby. It is regardless of the station preselected.

The wifi signal is strong and supporting this pc as I type.

Thanks

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Thanks for the information Ozze-N.

Is your music or your presets not playing correctly?  Are they stopping while you are trying to listen to them, and this white square is showing up?

What music sources are you listening to?  Internet Radio?  Spotify?  Others?

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2018

SoundTouch 30 - white square again (with a workaround)

Hello, this is frustrating.

SoundTouch 30, version 19.0.5, mesh WiFi connection very good, 100/40 Mbps. After the upgrade intermittent "white square" and no internet radio issue. Tried to power off 60 seconds, factory reset, router and WiFi power off/on, manually remove the speaker and set it up again. Occasionally, a random sequence of keys would make the speaker to play the music again, but not consistently. 

These issues have been described in other posts, alas no sensible solution there.

My findings:

- Internet radio is the one causing issues resulting in the infamous "white square".

- TuneIn works fine.

- If you can find your station in TuneIn, make a preset using TuneIn only. Avoid i-radio like a plague.

Bose has some homework to do.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Hi Brandon

The device has only stopped once in a number of weeks when playing but the white square is often displayed when the device is powered up or a preset selected from standby. It happens every few days and is unacceptable.

The sources are various BBC and other commercial radio stations which play well on FM and on the device after the white square is cleared.

Selecting another preset does not clear the white square so I often have to power off and on a number of times.

It seems better if I use the remote rather the preset buttons.

Thanks for staying with me on this.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 30 - white square again (with a workaround)

Hello fstiglic,

Thank you for posting and I apologize about the frustrations you have been dealing with. I would like to gather some additional information and logs from you.

Instructions on how to gather SoundTouch application and system logs can be found here. You would want to gather the logs immediately after the issue happens. I have sent you a request to your email you use for the community.

Can I also have the make and model of your mesh router setup?

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2018

Re: SoundTouch 30 - white square again (with a workaround)

Hi Joel, I have uploaded the logs. As per the application logs, I am using solely the SoundTouch Android app (interface version 19.1.6, protocol id 60, app version 18.1.5). 

Note on the error: as I am using TuneIn as a workaround, there is only one station with i-radio on preset (4). This preset shows white square without hesitation.

Mesh WiFi is Google WiFi with two APs, SW version 10032.86.2. SoundTouch is standing next to the main AP.

Thank you for your kind help.