Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grk999
Collaborator
Registered since

May 12, 2015

Internet radio keeps stopping and / or restarting

Hi,

This is an old problem that keeps coming round where either the radio wont play, you just get a square symbol on the screen or it just stops, occasionally restarting itself. This is what I have experienced / found out so far:

-  The radio station is selected using the present buttons

-  It's not limited to any single radio station, time of day or device

-  It can happen on a portable or a ST20 or ST30

-  It can affect one device without affecting any others (providing not linked), even playing the same station

-  Whilst this is happening, the device disappears from the app, but is still visible and pingable in the network

-  Sometimes it can be fixed by selecting another preset, getting that going and returning to the original preset

-  A deezer stream on another preset always seems to work, even when the device isn't visible on the app

-  The portable (wireless) which is physically 2ft from the router. Other wireless or wired ST's can still be working ok at the same time, playing the same station (the ST's are not linked)

-  I have tried the ST20 both wireless and powerline Ethernet connections. It makes no difference, although I have a feeling that it happens more frequently on the ethernet connection

-  waiting and trying again is a strategy that works, as is rebooting via the 'Aux' button

-  It seems to have got worse again after the latest release

At this point my attention is often drawn to networking and how things get tricky with with

a) wireless. (all devices on 2.4Ghz, channel 11, chosen after scan for overlapping traffic). 

b) powerline is tricky because of latency & so on. So I switched to wireless. No change.

My conclusion: It's not networking and even if it is, I don't expect to have a degree in networking just to get a preset radio station to play.

I feel I can't be the only person experiencing this, so once again Bose, can you take a look?

I am more than willing to help with a serious fault find exercise

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Internet radio keeps stopping and / or restarting

Hi @grk999,

Thank you for posting. I appreciate you providing us all the details of your troubleshooting. What is the make, model and age of your router? Also, would you be able to run a speed-test on your network and provide me with up and down speeds?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel

grk999
Collaborator
Registered since

May 12, 2015

hi,

here is the detail you requested

it's a BT smart Hub, fully patched and up to date

Download speed 58Mbps

Upload speed  10Mbps

Hope that helps

mprusis
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2018

I have exactly the same problem over here with my two ST10. 

First router was an AirPort Express and now a Samsung SMT G7400. 

Speedtest on my network: 154mbit/s down; 5mbit/s up. 

Angryofm
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 1, 2015

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi @grk999 and @mprusis,

Thanks for proving us the information we requested. I would like to gather system and application logs, instructions can be found HERE. I will send a request to your emails that you created your community profiles with so we can gather your logs. 

Regards,

Tony

grk999
Collaborator
Registered since

May 12, 2015

@Tony_G

Have done that,although the app log didnt seem to work.

Also my portable now keeps flipping into bose Wifi mode

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi grk999

Thanks for responding. Just to confirm, have you tried this method after putting the system into alt setup mode. 

• http://192.168.1.1:82/logread.txt.gz (downloads the last 5 minutes of log info to a .gz file to the device’s storage. For iOS, choose "More" to save to iCloud or send via email)

To do a soft reset on on your SoundTouch portable hold the power and AUX simultaneously until the loading bar shows up on the screen. 

You may find it easier to pull these logs using a PC or Mac. 

Let us know the results.

Tony