Internet radio keeps stopping and / or restarting
This is an old problem that keeps coming round where either the radio wont play, you just get a square symbol on the screen or it just stops, occasionally restarting itself. This is what I have experienced / found out so far:
- The radio station is selected using the present buttons
- It's not limited to any single radio station, time of day or device
- It can happen on a portable or a ST20 or ST30
- It can affect one device without affecting any others (providing not linked), even playing the same station
- Whilst this is happening, the device disappears from the app, but is still visible and pingable in the network
- Sometimes it can be fixed by selecting another preset, getting that going and returning to the original preset
- A deezer stream on another preset always seems to work, even when the device isn't visible on the app
- The portable (wireless) which is physically 2ft from the router. Other wireless or wired ST's can still be working ok at the same time, playing the same station (the ST's are not linked)
- I have tried the ST20 both wireless and powerline Ethernet connections. It makes no difference, although I have a feeling that it happens more frequently on the ethernet connection
- waiting and trying again is a strategy that works, as is rebooting via the 'Aux' button
- It seems to have got worse again after the latest release
At this point my attention is often drawn to networking and how things get tricky with with
a) wireless. (all devices on 2.4Ghz, channel 11, chosen after scan for overlapping traffic).
b) powerline is tricky because of latency & so on. So I switched to wireless. No change.
My conclusion: It's not networking and even if it is, I don't expect to have a degree in networking just to get a preset radio station to play.
I feel I can't be the only person experiencing this, so once again Bose, can you take a look?
I am more than willing to help with a serious fault find exercise