geodali
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2016

Re: Internet radio station does not stream on Soundtouch

I often have internet classical music playing in the background but some stations drop off at times. I am experiencing this when using either of the SoundTouch 10 or the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter but not when using the Bose SoundLink Revolve Plus Wireless Speaker listening the same stations at the same time over the same WIFI system network.

My current Bose setup includes the following equipment.

SoundTouch 120 home theatre system (soundbar)

SoundTouch 10 Speaker

SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter

Lifestyle 5 Music System

Bose SoundLink Revolve Plus Wireless Speaker 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jessie_O

Hi Geodali, 

Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your internet radio stations, I'll be more than happy o help you! 

Can you tell me which music source you're using to listen to the stations? 

Can you also let me know the stations you are listening to?

Are all these speaker systems grouped together for multiroom listening? 

Once I have this information I'll be able to advise the next steps. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
geodali
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2016

Hi Jessie,

Thank you for your interest in my problem.

I get access to the music I want to listen through my WIFI system to which my Bose equipment are linked into. I use the SoundTouch TuneIn facility, search for stations and then save them in my preset stations which I then click to play. Two, for example that keep on dropping off are "Klassic Radio Pure Bach" and Klassic Radio Barock". Under each of the presets appears the words TuneIn, indicating the method of selection. I have used others that are not in my saved preset stations so I do not recall them. One that does not drop off is the local ABC Classic FM as well my link to my Music Library on my computer.

The speakers are not grouped together, although they can, as each is in a different room and I turn on only the one that I want to listen.

I hope that the above information might be of assistance.

Thank you for your offer to assist.