cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aks
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2014

Internet radio stopped working (1029 error)

The app updated today (Friday 18-March) and now selecting "Internet Radio" in the app presents an error:
Cannot complete action
Please try again later
(1029)

I tried signing out and back in again, no difference.
The presets on two speakers don't work either today. This has been working fine for over a year.
App version 11.0.4
oth ST20 II and ST30 II firmware version 10.0.11

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
This widget could not be displayed.
aks
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2014

Re: Internet radio stopped working (1029 error)

Hi Jason,
I installed the latest Bose Windows Soundtouch today and had the exact same (1029) error displayed :(. So I thought, that's weird, the same error from all control points, then i dawned on me, all these methods are a controller for the speaker, so maybe something happened at the speakers end.
I power cycled both speakers, and problem solved :).
There is obviously a gremlin in there somewhere, maybe something to do with the iPad app update procedure or just coincidence.
Thanks for helping.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Jason_G
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Hi aks.  Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to get the Internet radio option back.  I've seen this happen rarely during an update.  You won't lose any settings, presets, or need to do the system setup again.  Just log into the app and let us know if this helps. 

aks
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2014

Thanks Jason, I will try.
However, the preset on my Bose units (both of them) also stopped working, and so has my iPad.
aks
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2014

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app and still I get the 1029 error on my iPhone and iPad.
The presets are not working. After pressing the preset button, the station name is shown along with a white "stop" sign (square block). Again, I have two Bose units and two iDevices, nothing is working for radio. Streaming local content is working just fine.
I checked the internet radio service on vTuner's website (http://vtuner.com/setupapp/guide/asp/BrowseStations/startpage.asp) and the stations play fine, e.g. Capital FM 95.8 (London, UK) (http://www.vtuner.com/vtunerweb/mms/m3u660.m3u).
This widget could not be displayed.
aks
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2014

Hi Jason,
I installed the latest Bose Windows Soundtouch today and had the exact same (1029) error displayed :(. So I thought, that's weird, the same error from all control points, then i dawned on me, all these methods are a controller for the speaker, so maybe something happened at the speakers end.
I power cycled both speakers, and problem solved :).
There is obviously a gremlin in there somewhere, maybe something to do with the iPad app update procedure or just coincidence.
Thanks for helping.

View solution in original post

trigger
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

I am having the same problem now. Internet radio worked for one week and now stopped with error 1029 on the app. Have reinstalled to no effect but presets on the system for radion are not working either. Spotify streaming is OK.

I'm afraid I don't understand how you solved it- What does power cycle speakers mean please??

I have only had my bose operational for one week.

Many thanks

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi trigger,

Sorry to hear about the issues.

Power cycling the speakers means that you are unplugging them from power for 30 seconds, then plugging them back in.

Thanks,

Brandon

trigger
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Oops! I didn't know that.

OK. Tried that and it worked 🙂

The unit is only one week old. Should this happen??

Many thanks

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi trigger, 

This shouldn't happen with any regularity. Please keep us posted if you continue to experience this. 

Thank you 

octoroko
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Yah this just happens sometimes. It has been like this since launch and they never fixed it. You just learn to live with it.