Marticow
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

InternetRadio - Please revert replacing by TuneIn

BOSE goes wrong here.

• There was no communication or it did not reach me and many other users.
  • The alternative -TuneIn- does not offer the same service as vTuner. Some radio stations (eg VRT) have a delay of more than 15 minutes. That is totally unacceptable.
  • Other radio stations can not be found anymore.
  • SoundTouch app also does not know how to behave with a non-working functionality and vomits an error code (1029).

I bought this system a few months ago with the intention of relying on a quality livestreaming solution. With the removal of InternetRadio I do not have a good alternative and I don't have the service for which I paid for.

The only alternative is that BOSE activates InternetRadio again. This is totally disrespectful to BOSE's customers, so apologies would not be bad.

And otherwise I like my money back.

Given the fact the system was still a pricey investment, I insist and expect immediate action!

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Tazuwara
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Re: InternetRadio - Please revert replacing by TuneIn

I agree entirely. Having recently purchased a Soundtouch system, I am outraged at this switch. Even if I had been informed in advance, I'd still be upset. One of my favorite stations, on which I frequently park for 7+ hours while I work, is now only available at a rididulously unlistentable bit rate. Why, if it is no longer available, even have "internet radio" listed as an option? Why were users not informed? Atrocious behavior. I do understand that I can use the Bluetooth option to route whatever I can get on my own to my Soundtouch, but that is not the functionality I paid for—in fact, that is the very situation I was fleeing when I bought this expensive device!

Now, I do love having the convenience of a managed list of quality streams from broadcasters, but why not—if this switch in service _must_ for some reason be made—at least provide us with the option of hunting down and inputting our own station/stream URLs and using them in the presets?

Hello All,

We are currently experiencing a service interruption with Internet Radio which may affect a preset on your SoundTouch device using this service. To use presets with your preferred radio station, you can use the TuneIn service available via the SoundTouch app.

Once we have more information, we will let the community know.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

***UPDATE***

Hello All,

Thank you all for posting.

Any new or updated information will be available in THIS thread.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Marticow
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Hi,

You are mentioning a 'service interruption' ... So, this all was not on purpose?

Does that mean Internet Radio will be available again in the near future?

Yet again I've got the impression BOSE does not communicate well towards its customers.

Hi Marticow,

This is the only information I have available at this time.

Regards,

Joel 

JoJoL
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

I am having the same issue as Marticow.

I have struggled all day to get my SoundTouch playing again.  Finally got it working with TuneIn and also have a delay of 15 minutes.

Please resolve this asap.

Hello JoJoL and Marticow ,

Does this delay also happen directly from TuneIn outside of the SoundTouch application?

Regards,

Joel 

GeertDprz
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

After upgrading, I have 15 minutes delay on the VRT radio in TuneIn on my Soundtech 10 system.  I do not have this directly on TuneIn.com on my Mac.  How can this be resolved?

T2
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

The station I listen to on Internet Radio was found on Radio.com and I cannot find it on Tunein.  What is the solution?

Thanks

Jamar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2016

I can not find radio which i used to listen on tunein. According their portal this one is not available 

maybe you can add option to use url addres?