Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kerosinsyn
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Re: InternetRadio - Please revert replacing by TuneIn

i'm not into that tunein ads.

how can i use the internetradio feature u mention in the st tech specs??

JoJoL
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Hello Joel_D,

when listening on my MAC with Chrome browser the VRT channels are fine, no delay.

The delay is when I listen with my SoundTouch 20.

Please resolve.

Regards,

Jo.

LucDev
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Same issue here.

no delay when listening via an Internet Browser, but an inacceptable delay of 15 to 20 minutes when listening via Soundtouch20.

Marc Bossaert
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

I also totally agree :  yesterday Monday 19 November was a total mess. No internet radio working and Bose support line with very long wait queues !  And then when it worked again (tune in) :  15 min delay on the Belgian VRT radios and the Belgian RTBF radios even not in the list !   What is Bose trying to achieve here. Something working well is now replaced by something that nobody asked for and that is of much less quality than before. Stop please and revert to previous version.

E.nocker
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Also the same Problems! My Favorite stations are Not available anymore!
Why replacing something with less satisfying experience!
E.nocker
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

My favorite UK-Stations are Not available in intunes! Why are you replacing ir with less Quality intunes?
afirokk
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Tvo hours delay here in Iceland.....

clearcomms
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

I wonder why you appear to have moved over to TuneIn without consulting your customers? I hate it - a LOT - whereas the old Internet Radio interface was simple and effective.

One of my regular stations - Radio Mozart, which is French - is clearly shown in TuneIn, with the minor problem that when you play it you actually get a totally different pop station. Another classical station delivered only silence.

TuneIn is not only a more complex interface, but stations are missing.

i don’t care if Yiu offer it - BUT I WANT TO BE ABLE TO CHOOSE INTERNET RADIO STATIONS FOR MYSELF, AS I USED TO!! So I want the old system as well, please.

Sorry for “shouting”, but it’s important. When you have spent a four figure sum so you can listen to your chosen internet radio stations, and suddenly you cannot get some of them, it is VERY annoying.

paudux
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 11, 2018

This change to Tunein, means the most popular Radio station in New Zealand is unavailable to Bose users, Tunein's response is that they are not adding stations at the moment.

This means my 3 Soundtouch devices are very expensive paperweights, I hope Bose will be making potential customers aware that if they want to listen to popular radios stations that they need to look at other brands.

Bauwie
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Dear Joel,

Personally whatever streaming service Bose partners with, I'm fine as long as the streaming performance is perfect.

I'm using a Soundtouch 10 in the kitchen, listening every morning to VRT radio stations. A delay of a few seconds is acceptable, but not minutes as you will understand.

Can you please check and keep us up-to-date through this communication channel?

Thanks a lot,

Luc