Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Is there anyone have internet connection problem after souchtouch upgrades its firmware to 19.0.5?

I have both SoundTouch 10 and SoundTouch wireless link adapter, after 5/5/2018 systems upgraded their firmware to 19.0.5, both of Bose device began to have device discovery issue and internet connection issue.

Discovery issue:

If you turn off Soundtouch device for few days, then, try to use SoundTouch app to control those devices, SoundTouch app will not be able to find any of Soundtouch device within LAN. But if use a computer to ping both SoundTouch, you can get ping response from both SoundTouch devices.

Internet connection issue:

After turn  off SoundTouch devices for few days, sometimes, even you can use SoundTouch app to find those devices and turn on the device over wireless LAN, but the device will not be able to connect internet, therefore, the SoundTouch app won't be able to find any radio station, the APP gives you connection error and SoundTouch 10 Internet connection LED beomes amber. You still can ping the SoundTouch 10 through computer at this moment. Run wireshark capture on SoundTouch ports, you can see SoundTouch won't be able to get any internet radio information.

Both issues can be solved by power recycle. Those issues never happen before 19.0.5 firmware upgrade on my devices.

Since both of my SoundTouch devices have exactly same issue after 19.0.5 firmware upgrade and 19.0.5 made some security enhancement on WiFi network. My question is, is that possible there is a bug in 19.0.5 firmware? Any  people experienced same problems like me?

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Is there anyone have internet connection problem after souchtouch upgrades its firmware to 19...

Hi Syuan,

Thank you for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with system detection.

What devices do you have the SoundTouch App installed on?  Can we try it on multiple devices to see if the same thing happens on all of them?

What is the exact error message and code that the app gives you?

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

Re: Is there anyone have internet connection problem after souchtouch upgrades its firmware to 19.0.

Yes... I am on the two you are using. My sound bar and 20 work fine.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Is there anyone have internet connection problem after souchtouch upgrades its firmware to 19.0.

Hello armandol1970,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

There is some additional information I would like to gather to further understand your issue.

• What devices do you have the SoundTouch App installed on?  Can we try it on multiple devices to see if the same thing happens on all of them?
  • What is the exact error message and code that the app gives you?

Let us know the results so we can assist further.

Warm Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2017

This sounds somewhat similar to the problem I'm having with my SoundTouch 20. The app and speaker are connected and playing music. Then the speaker suddenly drops the network connection and can't be found by the app.  Here's a link to my post titled "Speaker on network but desktop Soundtouch app can't find it":

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Speaker-on-network-but-desktop-Soundtouch-app-can-...

I also have firmware 19.0.5. Problem started sometime during the last month, not sure when. Happens many times a day, makes the speaker practically unusable.

Contributor
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

Also having same issues with SoundTouch 10 and SoundTouch Wireless adapter after recent firmware update. Connection now Constantly cuts in and out.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi JulianHorn and mondocom,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you two are having.

When the system disconnects, what does the Wi-Fi LED do on the front of the speaker?

Are you playing the SoundTouch systems by themselves, or are you using Play All?

Have you tried a power cycle of your wireless router?  Unplug the power from the router for 30 seconds, then reconnect and test if you could please.

Can you check the RSSI values in the SoundTouch app for each speaker?  To do this, go to Settings>About, and select each individual system.

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

I've done everything that can be done prior to posting on this forum and keep in mind this all worked fine before the most recent firmware update. I have played the Soundtouch 10 by itself and then played "All" to the Soundtouch Wireless Adapter. The Soundtouch 10 cuts out less often than the Wireless Adapter but they all cut out often.

Here's what I've done so far -  including factory resets of both Soundtouch 10 and Soundtouch Wireless Adapter; reset router; moved router, moved Soundtouch Wireless Adapter. Went from 2.4GHz Wireless N using various channels to 5Ghz Wireless N or AC and that also made no difference. I've even turned off as many WiFi devices in the house to eliminate the possibility of "interference" which had no affect on the cutting out on both Soundtouch devices. I've changed WiFi Channels on the Router also and still get the same result.

The antenna RSSI goes from Great to Fair on the Wireless Adapter and Great to Good on the Soundtouch 10 and the Wireless light is always on and white. The Soundtouch 10 is about 15 feet from the Router and the Wireless Adapter maybe 20 feet from the router but while testing in various spots was as close as 10 feet and still had drops/reconnects no matter where it was located.

Additionally, all other devices in the home connected by WiFi are always connected with no drops or disconnections and many are more than 40 feet away from the Router with strong signals.

Any other ideas?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

I am having the same problems with 2 pairs of ST. 10’s a full 300 set up and ST link. I have a “great” signal strength on all devices. I live with having to reset the 300 every week due to the hdmi arc problems but this is now beyond a joke. The whole lot is a glorified expensive paperweight. Bose really need to pull their fingers out and sort out all the outstanding problems highlighted on this forum. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

I hope the following helps, the problem affects all presets (internet radio and WD NAS), other internet radio channels with the message “internet radio not available”. Internet radio works on none Bose devices perfectly (iPhone X, iPhone 7, various iPads, PC, laptop, fire stick 3 TVs) the NAS streams 4K films perfectly to all TVs. I use Sky Q with 2 mini that uses WiFi for connections all working perfectly. I have had same set up for more than 18 months with no issues, problems started with last update. I use static IP address for all devices. All devices show up as connected to my network with no issues. 

If I power off the ST devices they will play for 30 mins or so, but they should work first time everytime.