Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hansleijsen
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

Re: Issue playing internet radio streams

Hi, there

I'm experiencing exactly the same problems. Switching the device off and on a few times helps for the rest of the day.

rpb99
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 20, 2017

Same problem here.  This seems to happen a few times a week to radio stream presets.  (It did not seem to affect a Spotify preset)

Having to power cycle the device should not really be necessary!

MarcV
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

Good to hear I'm not the only one. This means that there actually is a problem and Bose needs to investigate!

hansleijsen
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

You're right. Frustrating.

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi MarcV, 

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm sorry that the issue has returned. I'm curious if this could be related to a bug that our software team has recently discovered. If it is, then there may be a workaround that can help as they investigate a fix. Can you log into your router and set a static IP for the systems (or lengthen the DHCP lease time), unplug your router and speakers from power for 30 seconds, and re-test? Please let us know. 

Hi hansleijsen, 

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you try the steps outlined on the thread here and let us know if they help?

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

MarcV
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

Thanks, I will try that!

hansleijsen
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

Hi Brent,

My soundtouch had a fixed IP from the beginning. Router and Soundcloud had several resets in the past. So this does not help.

I use the API from within Domoticz to control the internetradio every morning (so it's an alarm clock). I've changed the code to count the number of times the radio does not start (i.e. STOP_STATE). I'll post the results in a while.

Regards,

Hans

MarcV
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

DHCP lease was/is set to 24H.

I have assigned a fixed IP address to each MAC address of each device. There's something I still don't get though... these are no real "static" addresses as they are still assigned to the device via DHCP!?

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi MarcV,

Correct.  A static IP is set on the device itself, whereas this is actually a DHCP reservation.

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support

jaegers
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2018

We have the same problems with Soundtouch 30. Internetradio stops playing / white square display. This problem is with Wifi but ALSO on ethernet (cable)!!!!! We have tried everything - reset router, rest spreaker, wifi, ethernet, but the problem is still there.

Bose Netherlands says the problems started after the software update earlier and that they now work on a new update...............it's frustrating when you want to listen to the radio and it takes a long time before Bose figures it out.