Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2017

Issue with Itunes sync with Sound touch.

Hi

With great expectation I purchased Soundtouch 20, Soundtouch 30 and Soundtouch wireless link adapter to connect my receiver. The idea was to have a central itunes server playing music across all devices across the house.

I am using Windows 10. Itunes version: 12.5.5.5. Sound touch version: 14.80.6-708

So the latest of everything as on date.

I have shared Itunes library XML with other apps

I have setup Media streaming Options to share on all computers and devices across everything possible.

So, I have read all forum stuff, setup everything required.

But still I keep getting error "6302", and it asks me to wait forever to sync, but it never does.

I have deleted the library several times, rebooted everything possible, reinstalled programs, added and removed service several times... but same result everytime.

Am I stuck with something which looked and sounded fancy and will work just with radio stations- which was never my purpose ? How do I make my music library work ? I wish there was a way i could just return everything- and get myself something else. I am based in India, and cannor erturn stuff so easily- so how can you guys help me out ?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Re: Issue with Itunes sync with Sound touch.

Hi gags70,

Are your speakers updated as well to Firmware 14.0.30?

Regards,

Central

Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2017

Yes, all updated firmware
Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

That more less disables me to help as I am on a 100% Apple setup, sorry for that.

Have you any kind of firewall in your Windows setup, besides the build in one? Like Norton for example is a perfect candidate for funny behavior ... otherwise I'm not able to help anymore, especially because of lack of a Windows system to compare settings.

Best regards

Central

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2017

No add-on firewalls added
Default windows firewall switched off
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Hi gags70,

Have you tried to reboot the router and re-test? Also when you mention you deleted the library, did you remove and re-add it back into the SoundTouch application?

How many tracks do you currently have in the library? Are they all stored locally on the internal hard drive or elsewhere such as the cloud or a NAS drive? Also, what are the file extensions of the tracks in the library? Do you have multiple ".m4p" tracks?

Thank you