Registered since

Oct 10, 2015

Issue with Spotify Playlist Presets

Hello,
I'm trying to set a Spotify Playlist as a preset on my SoundTouch.
However, it refuses to put some playlists as preset while other playlists work flawlessly.
About 70% of all my playlists cannot be put as configured as a preset. My Soundtouch acts as if it is being streamed directly from the album without playlist but this is not the case.
What am i missing and how can i make a playlist to be preset?
Greets,
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Re: Issue with Spotify Playlist Presets

Any playlist that is set as an actual playlist within the Spotify app should be assignable to a preset.  Are you seeing any error messages when you are attempting this? 
So to clarify the steps for adding a Spotify preset:
Spotify app > Your Music > Playlists > Connect to SoundTouch via Spotify Connect > Play track > Hold preset number on the SoundTouch system
Is this not working?  Note that only actual Spotufy playlists and Spotify genre and mood stations can be stored as presets.  Albums, artists, etc. cannot. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 10, 2015

Re: Issue with Spotify Playlist Presets

After fysically unplugging the bose soundtouch 10 from the power outlet & plugging it back it, it managed to detect the currently playing songs as a playlist so i could set it as a preset.
I've found out that after a while, it refuses to accept some playlists again.
I've created a new playlist that i'm using only for soundtouch.
I'll just recycle this playlist so that i don't need to modify the bose preset settings.