Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

Re: January Update

Hello,

When I use speaker with WiFi, some speaker is disconnect after some hours (3-4 hours.. 1-2 days..). It looks random.

I use latest bose app (android)

and update bose speaker to latest firmware.

I get the trouble many times.

So I check it what is problem.

I think below will be helpful to find what it problem.

Below is my network.

mynetwork.jpg

1. Main is asus router.

2. Second is wifi bridge (named Cell) connect with asus router using Lan.

So in my network has 2 wifi (Asus + Cell) . But all is one WAN network.

3. Connect bose speaker to Cell bridge using WiFi.

Cell bridge support 2.4G + 5G. But ssid is only one.

4. As I remeber, I connect 3-4 speaker.. (sound touch 10, ....)

5. My mobile also connect to Cell bridge.

6. After some hours, bose sound touch 10 is disconnect.

To check it, I get the tcpdump at my Cell bridge.

test1.cap : After mobile connect asus router, launch bose app. Then it works well. (Bose ST10 is connected. And possible to control)

test2.cap : After mobile connect Cell bridge, launch bose app. Then ST10 is disconnected. (But ST10 still play stream music.)

(If you need cap files, let me know your email address)

I don't know how bose app works.

Below is just my guess.

1. Bose app use SSDP to find speaker.

bose1.jpg

2. Then make TCP session to get some status with each peer found at step 1

bose2.jpg

3. But at problem case (when mobile connect to Cell bridge), there are no TCP session with 192.168.0.24 (it's bose ST10).

bose3.jpg

4. At problem case, there are no problem with other speaker. only bose ST10 has problem

bose11.jpg

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2018

I have 3 Bose Soundtouch, mixtures of 20 and 30. 

All worked fine until Jan update for a couple of years. Now I cannot play "all" or any combination of two or more.

Is there a way to revert to previous update? They are now completely unusable as a group. They are showing connected and play for 2 or 3 seconds every 30 seconds. Horrific

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2018

Thank you Brian the Moderator,

Your list of instructions is helpful to the person who has never set up Bose Wireless speakers. But for a Bose user such as myself, and many of the other posts listed here, its does no good. I have had to set up my speakers so many times since your last update I could be hired as an expert for Bose in trouble shooting.

I have been a Bose customer for 40 years, still have a pair of vintage speakers, docking station and now 3 wireless speakers; Wave SoundTouch IV, SoundTouch 20 and SoundTouch 10. So when your app/system crashes, its a pain, a real pain to reconnect all the speakers. I have had to reboot my brand new router twice today, and at least once every couple days since your most recent update in January.

When your Sytems works, it is a thing of beauty with music lofting through the house but when it crashes it drives me nuts and makes me wonder if I should have bought a Sonos system. 

Please correct your most recent update and provide us with an app that works 100% of the time.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 1, 2015

This sort of stuff has been happening with hundreds of Bose ST owners here over the last 3 years that I have owned my 6 ST boxes and have been a member here looking for help with same/similar problems.

the bottom line is that these ST boxes BY DESIGN are very dependent on a clean and uncluttered wifi network to be able to function and stay connected.

Even the 3 of my 6 ST’s that I can connect via network cable *STILL* manage to drop off the network occasionally...

Sonos knew what they were doing when they developed their optional Network Bridge accessory to assist with network problems.

Bose do not have any similar option.

IMHO Bose have released a product that is not fit for purpose...

Set your ST’s up with static IP addresses on the router- I have found that helps a bit, as does using the 5ghz wifi network and not the 2.4ghz one...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2018

I did worked for me. No more sound cutting... Many thanks!

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 1, 2015

What do you do exactly? Change network frequency or set static IP’s?