Re: January Update
When I use speaker with WiFi, some speaker is disconnect after some hours (3-4 hours.. 1-2 days..). It looks random.
I use latest bose app (android)
and update bose speaker to latest firmware.
I get the trouble many times.
So I check it what is problem.
I think below will be helpful to find what it problem.
Below is my network.
1. Main is asus router.
2. Second is wifi bridge (named Cell) connect with asus router using Lan.
So in my network has 2 wifi (Asus + Cell) . But all is one WAN network.
3. Connect bose speaker to Cell bridge using WiFi.
Cell bridge support 2.4G + 5G. But ssid is only one.
4. As I remeber, I connect 3-4 speaker.. (sound touch 10, ....)
5. My mobile also connect to Cell bridge.
6. After some hours, bose sound touch 10 is disconnect.
To check it, I get the tcpdump at my Cell bridge.
test1.cap : After mobile connect asus router, launch bose app. Then it works well. (Bose ST10 is connected. And possible to control)
test2.cap : After mobile connect Cell bridge, launch bose app. Then ST10 is disconnected. (But ST10 still play stream music.)
(If you need cap files, let me know your email address)
I don't know how bose app works.
Below is just my guess.
1. Bose app use SSDP to find speaker.
2. Then make TCP session to get some status with each peer found at step 1
3. But at problem case (when mobile connect to Cell bridge), there are no TCP session with 192.168.0.24 (it's bose ST10).
4. At problem case, there are no problem with other speaker. only bose ST10 has problem