mchopra
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Just got the update message to appear, now the ST300 wifi led keeps blinking

Hi,

I am using ST300 (only soundbar) in India. In India, we constantly have an issue of electricity being cut for a few hours during the day. To over come this, people have resorted to put invertor which runs on battery and can supply temporary power to the house. This movement is quite seemless, however heavy electrical appliance like microwave, refrigerator, etc cannot be operated.

I have noticed that whenever the power shift from mains to invertor, ST 300 resets and the 2 LED starts blinking in amber. Even when the elecctricity comes back, I have to unplugg the cord and reset the bar.

Surprisingly, I have ST10 and ST30 also, and they work perfectly fine. Also do note once the resetting is done, ST300 works perfectly fine on invertor also. Its just that during the transition, the bar just resets.

Since this happens quite often during the day, its becoming a big nuisance value. Trust there is a solution to this issue.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
QuilpieGuy
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

Re: Just got the update message to appear, now the ST300 wifi led keeps blinking

Can you not leave the ST300 running on the invertor permanently? I'm assuming that when mains are on it's recharging the batteries. My ST300 connected to 240V draws only 9.8Watts when on and 4.4W in standby.

Highlighted
mchopra
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Re: Just got the update message to appear, now the ST300 wifi led keeps blinking

hi..thanks for the quick reply.

My ST300 is on standy mode always - mains or invertor. I will have to change the wiring of my house to make it always on invertor and that option is ruled out. Also note i am using a sine wave invertor where the switch between mains to intervtor is quite smooth.

regards

Highlighted
QuilpieGuy
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

The 2 LED blinking indicates setup mode which it will do each the power is disconnected. What about using a small UPS, always a good idea with this sort of equipment. I run ALL my electronics from UPSs.

Highlighted
mchopra
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

yeah...that sounds like a plan...let me research on that option. i can then put my TV, ST, Cable, and all gadgets on it.

thanks & regards