Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: KEEP SOUNDTOUCH 10 "ALWAYS ON"

Hi Icarus,

Thanks for the post.  I do not know why engineering decided on not keeping Bluetooth active, but it looks like Michael already sent your recommendation up to engineering.  If this change were to be made, it would most likely roll out with one of our quarterly updates.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 19, 2017

Brandon:

Thanks for responding. This is a deal-breaker for me. I am fast approaching the end of the 30-day return window from Fry's. 

Can you find out whether Bose intends to fix this defect in the next quarterly update?

If so, I'll keep the SoundTouch 10s. If not I will return them.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again Icarus,

I don't know if this will be included on the next update, so I can't give you a firm "Yes" that it will be changed.  As much as I don't want you to return your ST10s, I totally understand why they don't work for you.

Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 10, 2017

Anyway to keep it ALWAYS-ON or WAKE-UP on AUX input?

I am trying to use Bose soundtouch 30 with Google Homo Mini via audio cast, but if it shuts off after 30min of inactivity, it makes it annoying to turn Bose speaker on manually every time.

I am considering of returning it and buying Google Home Max.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi jenikm,

Thanks for sharing your post. The request for disabling the auto-off feature (including AUX) has been passed along to our engineering team. If any new information becomes available, we will certainly share here on the community! We understand the frustration, but appreciate your patience!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

Do this on a PC.

https://flarn2006.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/hacking-bose-soundtouch-and-its-linux.html

This article says you can use MacOS terminal to telenet, but it did not work for me.

1. Go through normal set up of speaker, get it on the wifi.
  2. Wwrite it's IP address down - figure out your device's IP addressIt will tell you this when you set up your device in the Soundtouch app.
  3. Download telenet client - Putty --- http://www.putty.org/
  4. The first step is to pick the telnet option to the device on port 17000. You should see a "->" prompt. 

->sys timeout inactivity disable

Inactivity timer is disabled

->OK

->exit

You're done.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 10, 2017

iamnotanexpert - brilliant! Thanks a lot!

On macOS:
1. brew install telnet

2. telnet <ip> 17000

3. sys timeout inactivity disable

I wonder if having Bose ON all the time will limit its lifespan?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Thanks for the help on this! Used Terminus for IOS so I didn’t have to dig out the laptop!

I did have to unplug and re-plug in my Bose to get a fresh IP into the app to get an IP that worked. Not sure why the app had an non op IP, maybe just needed to be refreshed. After I saw a new IP I also downloaded a ping app to make sure it was working.

Also, for some reason the text didn’t show up on my terminal screen until I hit enter.

Thanks for posting!
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

So....update to previous post. Didn’t work. Speakers still time out.

Come on Bose! Help us out on this! I’ve spent so much money “saving money” in every other aspect of energy consumption on my house, I’m willing to spare the few cents on these speakers staying on!
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

Just do clarify here. Are you saying that Terminus didn't work? 

Or, are you saying that all of it (including Putty Telnet) doesn't work?

I left the speaker on for 2 days when I tried the later and it didn't shut off on me. Wondering if you had a different experience.