Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 19, 2017

KEEP SOUNDTOUCH 10 "ALWAYS ON"

FIRST POST

Just purchased a pair of SoundTouch 10 speakers for use with my TV. They go into sleep mode after 20 or so minutes. Can they not be set to "always on"? If not, why not?

It's very annoying to have to manually wake them up whenever the TV is turned on, over after pausing a program.

Please tell me it's possible to set them up as "always on". If not, I plan to return them for a refund.

73 REPLIES 73
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Re: KEEP SOUNDTOUCH 10 "ALWAYS ON"

The only way to keep them "always on" at this time is by connecting them to a bluetooth source.  AUX will indeed time out if there is no audio streaming for about 20 minutes.  The "always on" option was just added to the ST300 with the latest update, so I am hopeful it will be added to other products in the near future.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi Icarus,

If there is no audio signal being sent to the system or any user interaction within 20 minutes, the system will go into a low-powered standby mode. Having said that as Rock Dancing had mentioned, if you connect the speaker via Bluetooth to a device, it should remain on.

I will forward your question over to the development team in the form of a feedback request! Thanks!

-Michael

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 19, 2017

Thanks Rock Dancing! I'll give that a try. Will have to hook up my BlueTooth transmitter.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 19, 2017

Thanks to Michael_F too! Appreciate you responding.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 1, 2017

Seems like some of us who spend lot of money on older SoundTouch that’s doesn’t have Bluetooth are being discarded. We either have to buy a new system or deal with 20 shutdown. I don’t see why this can’t be done easily.  Just add an override option to the speaker software. 

That doesn’t seem like a good customer service form Bose.  If that’s the case,  if/when I have to upgrade, guess it won’t be a Bose speaker. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi Icarus!

Anytime! Feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions!

@Agolder,

I can certainly understand where you are coming from. I will make sure to pass along your feedback to the development team.

Thanks!

-Michael

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 19, 2017

Michael:

Did a test BlueTooth today with my iPad. iPad is set to be "always on". As long as sound is being streamed, the ST10 stays connected. If I pause, or leave the music app, after about 20 min, the ST10 goes to sleep - just like with the "aux input". Is there something else I need to do?

Highlighted

Hello Icarus, 

Sorry, but there has been a mix-up here. If you connect an Alexa Echo Dot to your SoundTouch 10 via Bluetooth, as it sends a constant sound through the speaker (which you would not hear though) that would indeed keep your SoundTouch 10 ON and avoid it going back to standby mode. However, with a phone or any device which would not be sending a constant signal/sound through, unfortunately it would not work. 

Thank you

Irina

Ressentez et agissez plus intensément
Vous êtes nouveau sur la communauté Bose ? Jetez un œil à notre Code de Conduite afin de trouver des conseils utiles pour vous aider à démarrer !
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 19, 2017

When will this product defect be corrected? My UE MegaBoom (a Bose Competitor) keeps a BlueTooth connection active even without sound. Why is this so hard to do?