subrasri
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

LS 600 remote programming

Hi, I have a LS 600 with latest firmware. I recently got it connected to a new sony x9000e TV. I have enabled CEC setting and ARC and able to automatically switch on/off TV through the Bose remote.

However it’s the only TV menu function I am able to control using my Bose remote.

I can’t operate the TV menus while the source is in TV i.e. while ARC is on. For using TV apps such as Netflix/YouTube/amazon prime etc. I have to still use the TV remote.

Any way I can program the Bose remote for these functions? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: LS 600 remote programming

Author Accepted Answer selected by subrasri

Hi subrasri,

To clarify here, are you unable to perform any other TV functions other than the power on/off using the Bose remote? For instance, if you open the Netflix catalog using the original TV remote, are you able to scroll through the menu using the Lifestyle 650 remote?

Do you have the Lifestyle 650 in a cabinet or enclosed area where the IR signals are unable to pass through to the TV? The Lifestyle 650 remote communicates with the console via RF, then the console emits IR signals to the other devices. If these IR signals aren't hitting the TV, that may be the issue. Also, just for troubleshooting purposes, have you attempted to use the IR emitters that were supplied with the Lifestyle 650? These would help tell us whether or not the IR signals are having a hard time reaching the IR sensor on the TV.

Let us know how the above goes and we can take it from there! Thanks!

-Michael

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi subrasri,

There are different models within the X9000E line of Sony TV's, curiously what is the exact model number of your TV? Also, when you were programming the remote, did you select the exact model for your Sony TV, or did the Unify menu automatically configure the remote? If you have not attempted the model number lookup yet, open the Unify menu once more and navigate to TV Remote Setup. This should give you an option of using "Advanced Setup" which will allow you to enter in the specific model number of the TV.

-Michael

subrasri
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

Thanks Michael for your reply.  My model is KD-49X9000E.  I tried manually adding as per your suggestion.

Still unable to operate controls while the source is TV (ARC).   Any further suggestions?

Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Author Accepted Answer selected by subrasri

Hi subrasri,

To clarify here, are you unable to perform any other TV functions other than the power on/off using the Bose remote? For instance, if you open the Netflix catalog using the original TV remote, are you able to scroll through the menu using the Lifestyle 650 remote?

Do you have the Lifestyle 650 in a cabinet or enclosed area where the IR signals are unable to pass through to the TV? The Lifestyle 650 remote communicates with the console via RF, then the console emits IR signals to the other devices. If these IR signals aren't hitting the TV, that may be the issue. Also, just for troubleshooting purposes, have you attempted to use the IR emitters that were supplied with the Lifestyle 650? These would help tell us whether or not the IR signals are having a hard time reaching the IR sensor on the TV.

-Michael

View solution in original post

subrasri
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

Thanks Michael. Yes you were right. My console is placed in an enclosed area so I guess the IR signals weren’t hitting the TV.

I have now connected the IR transmitter to the Bose console and placed them closer to the TV. This has resolved the issue.

Thanks again for your prompt help in resolving this issue.

Cheers