wave01
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Latest upgrade for st300

I had a very nice working system till this upgrade. Now I have to turn on my tv it does not see my st 300 do it’s sync manually. I think you have done something to the timing on the HDMI interface. In my case with Sony it has made things so much worse. I have done all the resets and it has made no difference. I think that HDMI is a flakey system biut surely wecan find a way to make it work better than it is now. Maybe all manufacturers should should use the same rules then it may work
13 REPLIES 13
louisp
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

Re: Latest upgrade for st300

Please help me better understand.  Which upgrade are you referencing?

Thank you.

wave01
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Since I went to 16.0.12 I have had the above problem. I think it must be timing problem or the st 300 is slower to come ready

Hi wave01, 

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. Can you try to power on your devices in this order to see if it helps? First power on the soundbar, second would be your peripheral devices (cable box, dvd player, etc), and then turn on your TV last. We've seen this order to be the most successful. Let us know. 

Thank you 

wave01
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Hi Brent thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion but it failed all i get is the flashing 2nd light. what I did find was if i powered the tv up first then it did pick up the speaker. Most odd as this has only happened since the last up grade of firmware

Hi wave01, 

Thank you for responding. What is the model number of your TV? Can you check the software version that is on your TV as well? Is the TV up to date or is there a newer version available? If there is, curiously, can you try the update and see if it helps? Also, can you try to unplug the TV and the soundbar for a solid minute. While they're unplugged please try to unplug and re-seat the HDMI cable. If this doesn't resolve it, let us know, along with the model and software info and we'll escalate it up to the software team. 

Kind Regards

wave01
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Hi Brent I have a Sony Bravia KDL-42W805A

sw ver. PKG4.600EUA

I have tried your suggestions but still have the problem. As I said before it seems to work ok if I power on the TV first then the speak comes on and all is ok. 

Hi wave01, 

Thank you for responding. I have escalated this up to our engineering team. When I hear back I will update the thread. If you haven't done so already, can you try to adjust CEC to "Alternate On" and see if your TV will auto-detect the soundbar? Let me know. 

Thank you 

wave01
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Hi Brent I have tried your suggestion but it made matters worse. The tv kept switching back to internal speakers. So turned it back to default

Hi wave01, 

Thank you for the update and for trying that. We have a software updating coming out shortly, When it launches, can you try to update the soundbar and let me know if it helps or changes what you're experiencing? When we have a timetable for the release, we'll post it to the community. 

Thank you