Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skandhkapoor
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2017

Lets do voting poll between Bose Vs Sonos

Hello Everyone,

We all know that our system have some pros and cons, some of us are not happy with purchase and regretting that we had bought something different (Sonos). Lets do poll here and see how many of us are satisfied with Bose.

I am happy with my purchase as they produce good quality sound which is my priority. They are losing marks in software side. They really need to work a lot on their APP.

• Bose 1  Vs Sonos 0 VS  Other 0

Guys please vote share your views on pro and cons. 

Thank you everyone.

6 REPLIES 6
mattius
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Re: Lets do voting poll between Bose Vs Sonos

Bose 0 vs Sonos 0

I cannot comment on Sonos as i don't own it, i bought Bose over Sonos on sound quality, but the Software on the Bose is so horrendously lacking in features i wish i had spent more time investigating.

The lack of fixed multi room support and purely just lacking music services is really frustrating, having to play everything through bluetooth makes a mokery of what the soundtouch is supposed to be.

Bose's lack of information to the Customers who have spent a lot of money on their products is the biggest bug bear though for me, it really is shocking, Sonos etc. give helpful informative blog posts regularly, with Bose you would think they are being asked to reveal the Nuclear launch codes everything is cloak and dagger legal this, alowed to that, Promissing the world delivering nothing. I thought i was buying into a quality brand, i find myself beta testing a product range.

chalx
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 20, 2017

I can't vote between Sonos and Bose SoundTouch 10  either, but can agree that Bose software is a letdown. Wisually it's nice, having some Apple-ish design feel, but it lacks speed and features of which some are really basic.

I was deciding between Yamaha WX-030 and ST10 and finally decided to go with Bose because of 6 presets and remote, but on the software side, Yamaha did a better job. Just to say that Yamaha app can, among other things, control bass, mids and treble, it shows compression rate and format in which Internet radio is broadcasting and it shows you name of the song and artist currently playing.

polys
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

For those that have tried both the ST and Sonos, how do they compare in sound quality?

I'm more interested in knowing for ST10 and the Sonos Play:1.

biljir
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

@polys wrote:

For those that have tried both the ST and Sonos, how do they compare in sound quality?

I'm more interested in knowing for ST10 and the Sonos Play:1.

Polys,

My impression is that Bose is slightly ahead on sound quality. (I have ST 20 and Play:3.) Of course, if you follow these forums, you know that sound quality is not the only issue. In my case, Bose gets one technical issue right that Sonos does not, which keeps me as a Bose user. If Sonos would ever get that right, though, I'd drop Bose in a heartbeat due to the miserable quality of their software and their maintenance procedures. (I'd be very curious to know if the Yamaha system referenced above gets this issue right. But it's not the sort of thing you find out about by reading specs - you have to buy a system and try it out to find out what the situation is.)

The above is just one guy's opinion, for whatever it's worth.

polys
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

Just out of curiosity, what is the technical issue that you believe Bose gets right whereas Sonos doesn't?
biljir
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

@polys wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what is the technical issue that you believe Bose gets right whereas Sonos doesn't?

I use a particular method of volume equalization for my iTunes library. Bose recognizes the volume equalization, whereas Sonos does not. So when I play my iTunes library in shuffle mode via Sonos, the volume is all over the map, depending on the volume level of the original CDs.

Sonos actually documents this in a way - it lists in a file you can find if you search for it the forms of volume equalization it supports, and the one I use is not among them. Bose documentation, such as it is, never brings up the subject up, at least that I've been able to find, but if you try Soundtouch out, you discover that something in its setup recognizes what I'm trying to do and honors it.

Shuffling my iTunes library in multiple rooms at once is what I bought wireless speakers to do (twice!) so this is pretty important to me.