JensB
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2017

Lifestyle 235 with soundtouch - no sound

Hello

I added the soundtouch wireless adapter to my Lifetsyle 235; installation seems fine, I can find soundtouch as a device. The app also finds the lifestyle as a speaker and also my NAS is integrated. However, I'm hearing nothing when I try to use Soundtouch. Tried NAS and also internet radio, no sound.

Any ideas or recommendations?

8 REPLIES 8
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Lifestyle 235 with soundtouch - no sound

Hi JensB, 

To clarify, you are getting audio from other sources on the 235, correct? If so, can you try to unplug the wireless adapter and the USB cable and check the pins to make sure nothing looks bent of broken? You are connecting this to the Boselink In on the console, correct? If this doesn't resolve it, can you try to unplug the console from power for 30 seconds to see if a reset of the console will help? Can you also try to power cycle your router? If these fail, please try to factory default the adapter using the procedure HERE.

Thank you 

JensB
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2017

Hello,

connector is in Boselink and pins look fine.

Tried restart of adapter, it connected after restart, still no sound.

Restartet router as described, still no sound

regards

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi JensB, 

I'm sorry to hear that. What is the make and model of your router? I'd like check to make sure there are no known issues with the router you are using. Can you try to re-install the software on the Wireless adapter using the procedure HERE and let us know if this helps or not?

Thank you 

James_S
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Is your 235 a series 2 or 3? When you press the source button on the bose remote, does soundtouch come up in the list of sources? If not, the console will need to be updated to recognize the adapter. Had to do that when adding an adapter to a system that didn't come with it.

JensB
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 235 with soundtouch - no soun

I think it's a 3 (how can I check). Soundtouch appears in the list of sources

James_S
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

The fact you see soundtouch in the source list indicates you have a compatible system. Not sure what could be preventing the sound from playing on the lifestyle system. Any error messages in the app or on your TV when selecting the soundtouch source?

JensB
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2017

No, I even can see the the music is starting and proceeding (seconds moving)

JensB
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2017

Did that already 2 times

it's a Fritz Box 4020