Scotland
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2015

Lifestyle 525/535 Remote not fully controlling Samsung TV

In the set up process for one of my Lifestyle 535 systems I went through the process to sync the Bose remote to the TV.
This appears to have worked but for all but one important function, if I press the TV Input button the TV registers this and brings up the screen but the arrows on my Bose remote don't work left and right so I can't tell the TV to change the Input source and have to use the TV remote.
Anyone know why this might have happened and how I can get hte Bose to control the left and right arrow function?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
This widget could not be displayed.
Scotland
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2015

Re: Lifestyle 525/535 Remote not fully controlling Samsung TV

Perfect, pressing the TV Input button again moves it across.
Many thanks for all your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jordan
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi Scotland,
For some TV when you want to change TV input from Lifestyle remote, you have to press tv input button instead of arrow button, so after you press tv input button then don't use arrow button but press again tv input button and the highlighted input name on your TV will move to left or right.
If it doesn't work, please repeat to sync the TV remote control from unify on Lifestyle setup, or manually enter the Remote code ( see your TV manual book ).

rgds
jordan
shawn_o1
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jul 14, 2015

Hi Scotland,
Happy to help with your remote input selection issue. One thing I would recommend trying is pressing the input button on the remote multiple times instead of the arrows to see if that will let you scroll through the input selection on your TV.
If that does not help, can you please provide me with the model number off your Samsung TV? I can check to see if I have a specific code we use for the model you have.
Thanks,
Shawn
This widget could not be displayed.
Scotland
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2015

Perfect, pressing the TV Input button again moves it across.
Many thanks for all your help.

View solution in original post

markn455
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2015

Also, if you change the remote moded to TV,  the arrow controls will move the cursor left and right.