Tannabata
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 12, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 535 iii - Post recent update

I’m pretty sure Bose is trolling us now. A couple of months of “we’re looking into it” and “we’ll update you” is pathetic. I’m going to have a look at the consumer protection laws in Australia to see what recourse I have....
kyle1uk
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Totally agree Tanabata,

I am writing to the CEO of the company. 5 months is a piss take. I have invested £12,000 in soundtouch (happy to give serial numbers Bose) and my main two systems Bose 535 and costing 7k for the two are not working for what I use the most. Music and Spotify. Oh, unless I remove and replace the hdmi and connect every time. Unacceptable! Think we have all been AMAZINGLY patient. This isn’t just a little glitch in the system. This has totally cocked up the system. I genuinely hope more of you follow suit, so someone at Bose actually takes this seriously. 

keef82
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

I’m in the same position mate. I’m well and truly over it. Can you supply me the email address?
kyle1uk
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Send me your email Keef82. It conveniently won’t let me send his name on here, let alone email. 

Highlighted
Almat
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2015

One thing i would recommend, that strangely the Bose employees are not posting here, is to call Bose tech support. I am in Australia and I have found the tech support guys to be very supportive. I decided last week after this was not resolved to contact them and they were very helpful. I would encourage people to do so, particularily before trying to go down the consumer law path as I think you would need to have exhausted that avenue before it would apply.

keef82
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

The question of the hour is did they resolve the issue or sweep it under the rug
Almat
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2015

Completely acknowleded the problem and have sent me a Soundlink (I think that is what it is called) that makes any system soundtouch enabled. A temporary fix until they sort it. I am impressed with the tech guys, very helpful and honestly trying to help.

Coffeeman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2015

Bose Australia sent me the same sound link adaptor and acknowledged there was a problem and they were hoping to have it resolved in the near future. It’s a clumsy fix yet an admission that there is a fault and they are looking into a solution.
Valik
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2017

Same soundlink? What's the point? Is that a hardware issue? Somebody knows if Bose tech is working under that problem? As far I understood here the forum is users only? My local support says that I'm the first guy with that issue and reccomend me to reset soundlink to factory default setting and to reattach to soundlink set up. 

Coffeeman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2015

The sound link adapter is different to the SoundTouch adapter.