Re: Lifestyle 535 iii - Post recent update
Hello simi and grk999,
Thank you for your posts, I apologize to see that both of you are continuing to have this issue. There are a few steps I can recommend:(test system after each step)
Direct IP update
- Using a Mac or PC, open an internet browser and go to www.bose.com/soundtouch_app/usb (soundtouchapp and soundtouch-app also work in place of soundtouch_app)
- Select the system. The page will jump to the USB update instructions for that system
- Click on the link in step 1 to download the update for their system
- At the prompt, click Save. Save the Update.stu file (with a captial U) to the desktop.
If the prompt does not appear, the file may have downloaded automatically. Look for the Update.stu file in the footer or header of the browser window, or in the Downloads folder.
- Determine the direct IP address of the system in one of the following ways:
- Via the SSI
- If the system is on the home network but not on a SoundTouch account, in the app go to Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > ADD SPEAKER > It is already connected
- If the system is on their SoundTouch account, in the app go to Menu > Settings > About > [System Name] > IP ADDRESS
- For other methods, see Determining the system's IP address
- Open a browser and type the IP address followed by :17008/update.html
- Select Choose File and browse the computer for the Update.stu file saved earlier. (The top of this screen displays what version of software is currently installed. The final seven digits as shown below are translated as 2.1.55)
- Select Upload. A progress bar will appear in the browser window and a matching progress bar (or percentage) on the system's display
Resetting console and SoundTouch adapter can be found HERE.
Once these steps have been done and the issue has not been resolved, go HERE, choose your country, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Contact US.
Let me know if this helps.