keef82
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Re: Lifestyle 535 iii - Post recent update

I called bose tech support, they acknowledge the issue and are sending me out an adaptor worth $249.00

its from the sound touch range, its a universal soundtouch adaptor.

It doesnt have the GUI like the LS adaptor, it ooutputs to composite or optical. its a good short term solution

nwmgc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2015

Hard to fathom that I have read through 10 pages with such woeful lack of response from Bose. Fortunately, I have an iPod. Unfortunately, I didn't really need to upgrade from my 13 year old LS18 with the hopelessness of the SoundTouch matter!

Tannabata
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 12, 2017

Kudos to tech support in Australia for providing a functional yet temporary fix for this issue. The Soundlink adapter works and my multi room systems are all now in sync.
StephanMoons
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

The same here with a Lifestyle 135 system. The ST Wireless Link Adapter is not a solution when operating several ST’s and letting them play together via the app.

Merten
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2017

It became quiet in here... I still have to disconnect/connect a lot.

More a rhetorical question, but do I have to be concerned about the wear on the socket/plug? For how many mating cycles are they built for?

Please can one of you friendly Bose guys give an update/outlook on the things?!

Thanks
StephanMoons
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

I guess it will be OK. The same plugs and sockets are used very frequently on chargers.
In the mean I wonder whether Bose has given up on all their sets having the SoundTouch Wireless Adapter.

nwmgc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2015

I have received a message from Bose to say beta testing on 17 is done and will be rolled out 'soon'.

Nearly there...

StephanMoons
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

Finally some positive news.
I hope they get it right this time.

Fingers crossed though, because many times software updates from Bose have solved issues while creating new ones.

Swanny
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Also enjoying this same problem. Looking forward to a fix. In the meantime, I’m calling tech support to see about the temporary hardware workaround.

Swanny
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Just got off the phone with Bose tech support.  They say the update should start rolling out tomorrow in some areas, but everywhere within the next few days.  Fingers crossed!!!!!

FYI-you’d be notified of this update when you open the Soundtouch app.  You may also need to check that your Soundtouch adapter is communicating properly with your console.  I.e. not in the middle of “your speaker is playing another source” mode.