Highlighted
StephanMoons
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 535 iii - Post recent update

To be honest I don’t know what to think about all this anymore. Updates are announced by Bose to solve the USB-connection issue. Now I am detecting new software bugs in the SoundTouch app. Since my Bose adventure it has been one software bug after the other. I don’t know who is responsible at Bose for software, but I guess it’s time for a new strategy and approach.
Highlighted
Swanny
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Mine was doing that today too!  Very strange behavior.  Don't know if its related, but I had also just done the IOS 11.2 update.  I'll wait to see if it does it again.

Highlighted
StephanMoons
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

Can’t be a coincidence. I have also just updated to 11.2 trying to solve another software issue with a video app on the iPad. These software issues create quite some technostress. Anyway, now Bose is aware of this.
Highlighted
StephanMoons
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

The question is now: who’s going to mess up whose software next?
Highlighted
Swanny
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

I guess I’d give Bose the benefit of the doubt in this case. When Apple does an update it can take a little time for all the other developers to get their apps up to speed with the update.
Highlighted
Swanny
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Also-I was initially having some trouble getting my Soundtouch to connect(along with the odd shaking menu). It seemed to work fine after I unplugged & teplugged the console. Time will tell if the issues continue.
Highlighted
StephanMoons
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

But they always follow. The power of Apple...
Highlighted
StephanMoons
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

Luckily the Bose sound is still great. Perhaps this is the downside of streaming audio: the software and the continuing adventure of updates.
Highlighted
nd282
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 3, 2017

Sorry, I disagree... at least if we are still talking about the issue where the Soundtouch bar disconnects from the lifestyle system and needs the removal and reinstallment of the usb...

the App is another story, and indeed Apple is losing the plot a bit, especially with the last iOS, but that is no excuse for the SoundTouch bar suddenly disconnecting from the system...

And yes, the sound is good, very good, but so is that of Sonos...

Highlighted
StephanMoons
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

Well, we are all waiting anxiously for the promised solution that should come this week.