Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

Lifestyle 650 4K video not working after update

Hi,

I installed the recent update that became available and 4k video does not work anymore. Only 1080p video works. Also when I go in to the setup screen the whole screen is shaded green rather than white like it normally is.

Clearly there are some bugs in the new release.

Cheers

David

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

Re: Lifestyle 650 4K video not working after update

Please note that 1080p does not work in all modes but needed to be set to RGB mode on my Apple TV to display properly,

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Lifestyle 650 4K video not working after update

Hi doctorx333,

Thank you for posting to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with 4K video. This is an issue which were are currently working to resolve permanently. Until then, here are a couple of things you can try in order to fix it.

Try performing an HDMI reset. This will re-initiate the HDMI handshake between the Lifestyle console and the TV, which may alleviate the issue. To do this:

1. Turn off the Bose system, the source device and the TV.
  2. Unplug the Bose system, the source device and the TV.
  3. Disconnect two HDMI cables at both ends and reseat them ensuring secure connections.
  4. Reconnect the source device, the TV and the Bose system to power.
  5. Turn on the TV and the source device.
  6. Once the TV and source device have finished powering up, turn on the Bose system.

If this does not work, factory reset the console. To do this, power the system down and press and hold the Power button on the console for 5 seconds until the console LED turns off.

If neither of these solutions work, please contact our dedicated Technical Support team by telephone and one of our agents will assist you in restoring 4K video to your system. To find the appropriate phone number, select your country from this list and click "Contact Us" from the menu at the bottom of the page.

Best regards,

Patrick - Community Support