Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Castiel
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2016

Lifestyle 650 ARC Problem Netflix Amazon

Since the last update a few days ago, I can not hear any Dolby Digital Plus sound through ARC. The sound is distorted by Netflix and Amazon.
Before the update, this has always worked problem-free. The Bose has simply output the sound in normal Dolby Digital.
Are you aware of the error and are you working on it?

17 REPLIES 17
subrasri
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 650 ARC Problem Netflix Amazon

I agree with Castiel.  I have similar problem with LS 600.  Previously it was able to handle Dolby Digital plus but now the sound is distorted for Dolby Digital plus so end up using Dolby Digital.  Please confirm if this is being addressed in your next release.

Thanks

raitano
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

Same problem with LS650 please provide quick solution.

thanks,

D.

Duduledur
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 2, 2017

I confirm I have the same issue with ls650 and my Panasonic tv 65ex780. If I want to have the sound back, I need to set the tv with stereo output...

too bad...

regards,

Dudu

Panasonic 65ex780 - Bose Lifestyle 650 - AppleTV 4K - Sony BDP-790 - Bbox Miami 4K
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about the issues.  Can we try a one minute power cycle of the televisions and Lifestyle consoles?  As well, can we also post the brand/models of your televisions if you haven't already?

As well, my understand was that ARC does not support Dolby Digital + as the bitrate was too high (though I have found on some online forums that there are some TVs that are starting to support it).  

In any event, setting your TV's ARC output to standard Dolby Digital should give you the same excellent quality audio.

Best,

Brandon

raitano
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

Television is SONY Bravia KD65A1

Ciao,

D.

subrasri
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

Hi Brandon

My TV is brand new Sony kd-49x9000e. I don’t think it’s just a Tv arc issue, I also have the same issue with my tatasky HD+ set top box. Previously when I had set the output in my tatasky to Dolby Digital plus, Bose was able to decode it without an issue. Recently it’s not been able to.

thanks

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi subrasri,

Thanks for the information.  When you have the set top box set to output DD+, is there any audio that comes out of your LS650?  

Is there a model number for your set top box?

Best,

Brandon

subrasri
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

Hi Brandon

The model is TataSky HD plus set top box. When I set the output to DD+ the sound output is just noise and distorted.  It’s exactly the same noise/output I get when I set my TV output to DD+.

By the way mine is a LS600 not LS650.

Thanks

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again subrasri,

Thank you much for the clarification.  Interesting that it's happening with both the TV's DD+ and the set top box's DD+.  This certainly points to an issue with the 600/650 systems (they both use the same console).

I'm going to escalate this up to the engineering team.  I'll let you know if I need any more information about your setup.

Best Regards,

Brandon

EDIT: One more question:  Did this start recently?  Was it timed with any specific event, like a software update?