Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Lifestyle SoundTouch 535 entertainment system and "soundtouch adapter has been removed from USB.

I have updated my Lifestyle SoundTouch 535 entertainment system and since the update I'm getting the following message"

"Network Setup

The SoundTouch adapter has been removed from USB. Please Reattach it as shown below"

Everything is properly plugged. I manage to get rid of the error by turning off/on the devise but the error keeps on showing up, this is really annoying. Can anyone help with that?

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Lifestyle SoundTouch 535 entertainment system and "soundtouch adapter has been removed from USB.

Hi Amazon1234,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your ST 535 system.  Are you able to do a full power cycle on the system?  Remove power from the bass module and the console for 30 seconds, then plug back in and test the system out.  

Can you double-check the USB and Bose Link connections on the back of the console?  Let's make sure those are nice and snug.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Re: Lifestyle SoundTouch 535 entertainment system and "soundtouch adapter has been removed from

I have :

- Removes the power from the bass module and the console for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

- double-checked the USB and Bose Link connections on the back of the console: everything is fine

I keep getting the same error that popo up randomly. Do you have any solution for me?

Additionally, would you be able to report the bug so that it gets corrected in the next software update? I started to get this error with the current software update so it probably comes from there

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Lifestyle SoundTouch 535 entertainment system and "soundtouch adapter has been removed from

Hi Amazon1234, 

Thank you for replying. We have escalated this up. As more information becomes available, we will circle back. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Any update from the technical team? This is probablematic....
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

I've checked on the ticket, and there are no further updates from engineering as they are still investigating the issue.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Just wanted to post on this question and report that I am also having the same issue. I am also running the Lifestyle 535 system and get the exact same error message. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

How long have you had this probleme? Is It since the last software update?
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

I honestly don't remember. I know It worked flawlessly for a long time and then started having the problem.

Bose swapped out the USB cable and then the soundtouch adapter but that didn't fix it. So I'm started looking on here to see if anyone else was reporting it. The fact that I found someone else tells me this must be a software issue.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Thanks for your response and giving these details.

I hope that Bose will take the problem seriously and fix this very unfortunate connectivity issue ASAP.