cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaiserfernando
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Re: Lifestyle SoundTouch 535 entertainment system and "soundtouch adapter has been removed from

I also say that I have this problem with bose 525, I also wrote in another forum discussion ... annoying software bug problem ...

Amazon1234
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Re: Lifestyle SoundTouch 535 entertainment system and "soundtouch adapter has been removed from

The exact reason why I paid a premium for an expensive Bose sound theatre is because I do not want to worry with connectivity problems...

It's been weeks I have to deal with this issue. Several users have been reporting the same problem both with 525 and 535. It really is time for Bose to look at it seriously.
t.ho
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

I have the same issue with my 535 system. Really disappointed that bose is not able to solve the issue.

Again a new reason to sell my system. I can not understand why bose is not providing software or firmware updates with new fuctions or inovations for older version.

Amazon1234
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Same here. I do not know when this upade will arrive. It should be a Bose priority though, considering that we can't use properly our system anynore
mrgillus
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

My soundtouch system is currently installing an update on my 535. Here's hoping this update fixes this issue!

It does seem that I have managed to prevent the issue from happening if I start listening on the 535 system first and then add speakers in after. If I start with any of my other bose products and try to add the 535 in that's when I typically see the disconnect screen.
Amazon1234
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

My 535 system does not find any update to install. Hence i'm still facing the same issue... how did you find yours? Normal channel from setup > update etc?

thanks for your post though
mrgillus
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

It looked like from what I read about it on the forum they were rolling it out to users in two phases. I think the second (last) round was sept 26. That being said it didn’t fix the problem. In fact it seems more glitchy than it was. Bummer
Amazon1234
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

From what you've read, would you say it's a better choice NOT to install the update and wait for the next one? It seems like Bose completely ignored our problem...

Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hello All,

Our development team is currently still investigating this issue, and we will make sure to post any updates that we receive.

For the time being, a workaround has been found by forum user Paulkiwi on THIS thread. It appears that the issue only occurred for them when powering down the system while in the SoundTouch source. If you power down the system when the TV, Cable box, or other source is currently active, then power back on, you should be able to consistently use the SoundTouch source.

Let us know if this workaround provides temporary relief while our development team continues to work hard on a permanent resolution.

Thank you,

-Michael

Amazon1234
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

This workaround does not do the trick in my case. Any progress made by the developement team to fix the problem?