Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

Thanks Joel,

Appreciate the support!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

Any update on this issue?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 28, 2018

Sadly no 😞 ironic I upgraded to lifestyle 600 because of 4K capability but the problem lies in the 4K area. My last lifestyle was flawless
Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

I haven't heard anything since Joel sent this to engineering.  I completely stopped trying to find any other solution... I felt like a cat chasing my tail... no matter what I did that made me think it was fixed, it would come right back the next day, sometimes worse.

The only thing I "think" I have figured out is that when it happens I can get it to go away by changing the source to "TV" and waiting a few seconds before changing it back to the source I actually want.  Pretty messed up... should be a little better than that for $4K!  Really hope Bose can recreate this in the lab, figure it out, and push out a update... I figure if they can push out an update that lets you add a second bass module then this should be a piece of cake.  On the bright side it sounds great, LOL!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

Thank you for replying to me. This is actively still being investigated by development, I am actively checking on a daily basis for everyone. As soon as any updates appear, I will communicate them to this thread.  

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 18, 2018

Lifestyle  600  .  I   have Same problem with green line AND TV SPEAKERS ACTIVE . Turn TV speakers off in settings ,

but they come back on.

Message  TV SPEAKERS ACTIVE DUE TO AUDIO SYSTEM COMMUNICATION FAILURE .

If I power up in TV mode , then switch to sattelite box , problem resolved.  . Any explanation Joel ?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 28, 2018

Hey someone wrote on thread here that if you go to your actual tv settings and turn off the speakers. (Put to “audio device”) then it works. Haven’t seen green lines since. Hopefully it’ll work 

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Thanks 2thDoc, I just tried this by turning the TV speakers permanently off.  Didn't work for me... on the bright side I got the green line immediately after trying it so at least it didn't jerk me around for awhile by making me think it was fixed.

I have also had the issue where it says the audio system isn't available and it did seem (so far) to make that issue go away so thanks for that.

The only thing I have still found to fix the green line in my case is switching to the "TV" source, waiting a few seconds, and switching back to the source that had the green line.  Has went away every time so far (knock on wood).  This has also fixed the few times I have had the blue looking faces.

This system really is too buggy for the price.  Still really happy with the sound though!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

I previously have stated that the green line only happened with uhd 4k movies. Got it tonight with a new blu ray. Had to switch sources and come back to blu ray player to make it go away.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 18, 2018

My system is , Bose 600 Lifestyle , Sony Bravia OLED 65 , Sony Blu-ray Disc/DVD player , Sky Q 2TB . The problem

occurs with the sattelite source , I have not seen it with DVD / Netflix / Prime . I have used no 4K content . Problem seems to have arisen after Sky Q upgrade.

I use Jamey W fix which for me is Power Off in TV source then Power Off Bose remote.  Start up TV remote first then

Bose Remote , select source. So far so good,  but a nuisance. Green line and " TV Speakers Active due to Audio System Communication Failure" go away together ( fingers crossed ) . 

This system is fantastic ( previous cinema system M & K 7.1 speakers /  Denon  Amp/DVD / Sharp Projector ) .