Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

Hello Joel, just wondering if there has been any news on this?  Thanks!

Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

Btw guys, I had only experienced the problem with HD 4k, guess what, now getting it with Blu Rays. I have to switch through sources to get it to go away. On right side of screenOn right side of screenIMG_0390.jpg

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

There is no new updates at this time. I am keeping a close eye on this issue for all of you.

Kind Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 8, 2017

Wow, I should have visited this thread a bit ago. I too have the vertical lines as well as some other ‘glitches’. I got my 650 8-months ago and decided to upgrade (this Christmas) the video with a new Sony 4k TV, Apple 4K TV and Xbox with 4k. Like everyone else the issues were sporadic watching Netflix, etc.

I thought it was a bad Apple 4K TV so I gave them a call. I agreed to connect directly to TV (by-passing the 650) and no problems. Of course this means I have to back the audio back to the 650 via optical cable. No video problems but I can’t imagine I’m getting the best audio on my $4,000K system.

Come on Joe D, there needs to be a fix. I did not buy my system for music; it’s a home theater system. Please push this along.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Hi all
I solved my green line issue by switching off pixel shift on my Lg OLED, this can be found on Pic settings, Oled panel settings for Lg tvs.
Apparently the green line which we see is a safety factor built in to tvs to stop screen burn / picture noise but, can cause overscan issues.
Hope this helps
Squadie
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

I had read about the over scan issue. I changed the settings on my LG last night after reading this. It did not work. This time on the left side of the screen. Last photo I posted was on the rightThis time on the left side of the screen. Last photo I posted was on the right

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 8, 2017

Thanks Squadie & Nickdgo

I have a Sony XBR65X900E for what it’s worth. I have not had time to play with the settings to see if this may resolve the issue. I can tell you that ‘back-dooring’ the audio via optical cable from TV to Bose is unacceptable. The green lines & glitches are gone when sending Apple TV & Xbox directly to TV but audio cuts out and just ain’t the same using the Bose audio.

I still have not heard from Bose Support. Kind of wish this was an Apple problem, their support is amazing. I’m curious if this ‘issue’ falls under the Bose warranty and could be considered a product defect?

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Similar to Squadie I took my Sony Z9D off of full pixel but it seems to only have resolved the issue while on the AT&T U-Verse source (at least I haven't gotten it in awhile on that) but I still get it a lot on all other sources.  Seems when I let it sit awhile the glitchyness is even worse.  Last weekend I popped in a 4K Bluray  after not using the system for a week and had a real hard time keeping the system speakers on... kept saying over and over "system unavailable" and then switched to TV speakers.  I would switch TV speakers off and then again it would go through the whole unavailable routine.  Had to switch sources several times to get it to work.  Also had the first instance where switching sources and back did not fix the green line problem on the first attempt.  Not exactly feeling like the people relaxing in the Bose Lifestyles Advertisements right now.

I have spent literally weeks of my life trying every possible combo of settings and hundreds of dollars on new cables and surge protector... have been through three TV's and it happened on all three.

I paid a home theatre guy to run wires through walls to speakers, including buying the wires to hard-wire the rear as well.  At this point I'm pretty committed to keeping the system but I sure wish Bose would fix this issue.  I've owned Bose products for 30 years and this is the first time I've ever been disappointed.  It's also the most I've ever spent on any system... ironic. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

When anyone sees the green line, try turning on zoom in your aspect ratio menu on your tvs. This will take around 2% back of the overscan into the safe zone, abit like the old CRT tvs had to do because of their shape of the actual screen.
Like i posted earlier, I've had no issues with green lines for over a month now after turning off the pixel shift option, aspect ratio set to original with, just scan option enabled.
When I first received the green line, I checked the Internet and found this, a common issue with other av systems.
Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

The problem is the inconsistency.  Once it seems like a setting has fixed things then why is it that several times later the green line comes back when no settings have changed, or the system is suddenly unavailable?  I had also made some adjustments and the green line went away for a period of time but then once again came back unpredictably.  It's only a matter of time.  If it was simply a TV setting then once its gone it should be gone for good and I haven't found a combo yet with my system (Sony TV) that has made it go away permanently.  Temporarily (two weeks) yes, but not for good.  Again, I believe it is only a matter of time.  Also, any setting I make now that might help the issue is definitely in the direction of compromising the performance of my other components and that's not the right answer either; basically turn off any helpful features of all other components, or give up some of the viewable image, to get the Bose to work right.

The problem is obviously with the 4K pass through on the Lifestyles 600/650 console... it is the only thing common to us all.  Otherwise Bose would have already told us exactly what we need to change on our TVs/Blurays, etc. to fix this once and for all.

I personally want what I paid for, a system that works seamlessly with my other components and allows me to demand top performance out of them all.

There is no accepted solution other than Bose getting their act together.  Man, I love the sound of this system when it works but I will not recommend it to my friends.