Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

Bose.JPGNever to dissappoint, the timing of this was perfect.  Had today off, spent the morning doing a few things around the house and following/contributing to this thread.  Decided to play a little XBox One and was greeted with this wonderful green line.  Suggest we all start posting more pics of our issues to get a little more traction.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 9, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

So I don’t want to stire the pot more but here goes. I finally finished my construction on the house. Tv, and bose on the wall hard wired speakers. ALL hdmi are directly connected to the tv with one in the arc to the bose. It’s been 2 days. I switched back and forth, on and off, SoundTouch on for hours, tv on for hours. Switched hdmi through the tv to different sources. Everything I can try to make the green line appear. Not once!! Not once going from SoundTouch to any source did I get a skip of snow like I had before and others mentioned or the green line. So to all my 650 partners, it’s not your tv, cables, Blu-ray, or whatever else you have connected. It your Bose head units software.
I’ll say this. I am 40, and finally got my big boy Bose. I have been looking at them since th V series from about 10 years ago. Bose we finally got you to understand that you don’t need to have a dvd built in. Now all we have to do is convince you we love your sound and look. We will pay almost whatever. Stop trying to be the do all. Just do sound. SoundTouch is great! I have a 30 and a hockey puck to an old portable. And love the whole house experience. I walk from room to room and I can’t even tell what speaker I hear. It’s great sound in the house and it’s awesome. I love the look of jealousy on people’s face. Bose please just tell us you can not fix it! Or step up and fix it. 650 buyers are your biggest customers. We just don’t buy one thing. We buy them all.
Sorry for the rant!
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Hey Sy, just read your last post and want to make sure I understand.  So, you just leave the 650 on "TV" and then make all your source switches through the Television correct?  Only HDMI ARC going from TV to 650... no other HDMI's connected to 650?  No optical cable, correct?  Appreciate the info.  For me, huge pain at this point to run all those extra cables through the wall to the TV but in order to not keep having issues just may do that.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 8, 2017

JaymeW, I tested my 4k Apple TV and Xbox One by connecting all devices (including cable box) directly to my TV and sending audio back to Bose. For the first few days I used an optical cable from the TV and the last week I did HDMI ARC. The Apple TV and Xbox had no ‘green line’ or other issues. Unfortunately, the audio was 2.0 (stereo) and that’s not acceptable.

I have restored by setup to all components into console and out to TV. I broke down and purchased the Belkin 4k HDMI cables for ‘peace of mind’. I’m testing TV setting adjustments as suggested by Squadie and others.

Final note, I contacted Bose Support more so to register the problem since my 650 was purchased last April. I also popped into my Bose store and discussed the problem with the Store Manager (good guy). He has a 650 and decided to purchase an Apple 4k TV and will test this issue. I do have confidence he will assist in resolving this issue (if possible).

Keep pushing Joel D!

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 9, 2017

Yep! The only optical is for AirPlay from Airport express. But thanks to SoundTouch I now never use it. I leave the bose remote on tv. So cable box to tv via hdmi. For my tv #3 to Bose main (out to tv aka ARC).
But new problem has a-raised. But easy to solve. When switch from SoundTouch to cable sometimes there is a slow handshake from the tv. Just have to make sure it’s not me forgetting to go to tv. Wife woke up this morning to no sound from cable tv. Will have to see. Solved by hitting volume up on cable box remote or bose remote. BUT NO GREEN LINE OR STATICK.
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Thanks Moonman and Sy!  I think I will leave my setup as is for now then... don't really want to go through the trouble of running everything to the TV just to have it end up that I have 2.0 audio also, or some other new problem.  I have all the speakers and TV mounted to the wall so switching cables at this point is a big job.  Not the end of the world to have to change sources to get the line to go away but sure hope Bose gets this fixed!

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

When I decided to contribute to this thread it was my understanding the subject was Bose 4K pass-through issues, particularly that of the green vertical line.  The discussion has taken a different direction.  Good luck folks, for those of you seeking a solution from Bose for the subject of this thread.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

I loaded Justice League yesterday, and like clock work.... I had to change source and go back to blu-ray as always to get rid of the green line. IMG_0495.jpg

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Hello everybody,

I received my 650 system yesterday and unfortunately I also have a green line that appears a few times on one edge of the screen.

My installation:

• TV Panasonic TX-65EZC1004
  • Bluray UHD Oppo 203
  • Nvidia Shield TV 2017

I had already read this post before ordering my system, but my reseller confirmed that he had never encountered this problem on all these installations.

I'll go see him so he gets Bose's information about it.

If nothing changes, there is a good chance that I will return the system.

It's a shame, because apart from this problem I am fully satisfied with the product.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 9, 2017

Don’t return it! Just connect everything to your tv. As long as your tv does arc. I have had it like this for a week now and never had the line or reverse colors. The only problem I had was my own fault. The 650 was starting up on the wrong source. Now just on tv and it’s just takes about 3 seconds for the sound to get sent to bose but after that perfect! The other better part with going through the tv I can adjust the color settings to each device unlike one setting for all. You can’t beat the sound out of these little speakers plus the ease of setup for this price. Trust me I’ve looked!