Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

For my part, I use HDMI Premium certified cables and the problem is there.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

I'll post one last result of my testing with the ST 300 w/4K pass-through (green line) problem as I still believe it is cross-platform.

I picked up the Belkin Ultra High Speed (48Gbps) HDMI Cables today from the Apple Store.  The problem is still present (see pictures).  I am through trying new HDMI cables.  I experimented with Planet Earth II–HDR, and Ice Age: Collision Course–HDR and both suffered the same fate.  I didn't bother trying the other UHD HDR Blu-ray discs.  There's a chance the HDMI 2.0b ports on our respective 4K pass-through systems are different.

Bose:  SoundTouch 300; Acoustimass 300; Virtually Invisible 300 rears

Samsung:  KS9000 4K HDR TV; UBD-M9500 Blu-ray player

*All respective firmware is up-to-date.

Good luck everyone!

PS:  I still maintain that there are fewer 4K HDR pass-through problems with the unit Bose exchanged under warranty.  I can't explain why; this whole mess is rather tiring and troublesome.

IAhdr.jpgIAinfobanner.jpgPE2hdr.jpgPE2infobanner.jpgbelkin48Gbps.jpg

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Really sorry that didn't work out for you SkyYYZ!

So my plan is to still give this a try.  Apple sent the cables FedEx so I should have them tomorrow.  I decided to take things apart tonight so I can get it set back up as quickly as possible tomorrow.  Just for fun and to convince myself its still worth a try I decide to look at all sources one last time before switching cables.  I turn on the XBox One X (which has been the biggest problem lately) and NO GREEN LINE.  I think Hmmm, trying to mess with me now.  I start a game, all is still fine.  Again, hmmm, second guessing taking this apart now.  I turn on the BluRay, homescreen and NO GREEN LINE.  What the heck is going on I think now!!  I'm thinking maybe I just keep it all as is.  Figure I should pop in a 4K movie befoire breaking it down so grab Star Trek Beyond which has been an issue before.  Sure enough no green line BUT I did get the old COLORS SWITCHED problem (see pics) so it was kind of like psyche!  This was so typical of every effort to try to resolve this problem.

I'lll try the Belkin cables on the 600/650 tomorrow and let you all know the results.  Not expecting much at this point but still hoping.  Seems Bose has abandoned this problem so if this doesn't work thats just the way its gonna be I suppose.

IMG_2592.JPGIMG_2593.JPGIMG_2594.JPG

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2018

Hello all.....I’ve been in this thread for a while now and trust me I’m angry at Bose

But I hate to burst your bubble, but I bought the “Silver” hdmi cables from Best Buy that cost over $100 and they are top line.......STILL GREEN VERTICAL LINE

so stop wasting money on new cables. 

This is BOSE problem.....THEY SHOULD FIX IT or refund all our monies 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

I also have the problem of colors from time to time, but it is very rare compared to the green line.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that this is still a top priority, and is still being investigated by engineering.  We absolutely have not abandoned this, and will update the community as soon as more information is available.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

You guys that said not to spend any more money were right.  I hooked up the Belkin cables tonight.  Initially things looked good.  HDTV was good, XBox One X homescreen and game were good, and finally BluRay homescreen and 4K BluRays were good.  No green line and no color swap issue.  I put in Star Trek Beyond again, which for me has been a pretty common problem to play... it started right up, no green line and no color issues.  I popped in Man of Steel and all was well.  Was feeling pretty good.  Decided to go from BluRay source back to XBox One X.  I almost always get the green line when I do that so I figured if there was no line then it may have worked.  Sure enough there it was again, the GREEN LINE.

Now on the bright side, and I know this isn't supposed to be possible, the picture seemed smoother on all sources.  Particulaly Man of Steel which I have watched dozens of times, looked smoother and brighter.  Skyrim, which I am again very familiar with seemed to also be smoother and clearer.  I know, not supposed to be possible... "either the HDMI works or it doesn't" but these are my observations.  The sources also seemed to switch a little faster.

So in summary... GREEN LINE still present.  I won't say much else about it unless something changes.  For example, if I go a couple weeks and never get it again on BluRay I'll let you guys know.  Otherwise I don't see a point.  EDIT: Didn't take long, about an hour after originally posting this I got the green line on my 4K BluRay homescreen as well.  GREEN LINE is alive and well on BluRay and XBox One X with "HDMI 2.1 48 Gbps Ultra High Speed" cables.

Glad to have you here Brandon and hope that Bose can resolve this soon. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 9, 2017

Pictures will look better depending on where you are coming from with cables. I had really cheap ones and hdr worked but just did not look great. Now with 18gb cables picture is better. Another way to look at it is at least you have cables for 10k! At this point for me even if they fix the green line it will never affect me again. I spent way to much time on this and I just went straight to the tv. It’s been about 3 weeks and zero green lines even when I use Soundtouch. I know people do not like reply’s to these but at least these postings are now on page 8 and we have a new rep from Bose. Good luck Brandon. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2018

Hello Friends,

I wanted to thank the community for not giving up on this issue. I as well fall into this group. I spent two years working on my basement. Included building a built-in entertainment center. The last pieces I need was my new TV and Bose system in which I did this past November. Set everything up turned it on... OMG just as I dreamed the wall shook, the sound was crisp, and my family was in love. 

Well a few weeks went buy all was well, then just as everyone has point out to my surprise a GREEN LINE. I was freaked out, thinking my tv took a crap. So being a tech head start troubleshooting. Replacing cables, adjusting settings, using different componts such as 4K Apple TV, PS4 PRO, Blu-ray,etc... What was the most frusrtrating part is how it just comes and goes with no rim or reason. My wife has been on me to report the issue and of course I've just been pushing if off as I forget. 

Sat down tonight to watch a baseball game and BOOM GREEN LINE. So I grabbed my laptop and started searching when I came upon this thread. So first I thank you all again for getting on BOSE and not letting up. I will be joining the fight! It floors me with what is spent on these systems why there is such a delay in a resolution. 

One question I do have is besides writing here is everyone submitting a support case or something with BOSE? If so how are you reporting it. I want to make sure it's on file I'm having the same issue and need this fixed.

I love BOSE and have never had an issue with any other product I've had in the house. So again I find it funny the system that cost the most is the one with the problem. 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Welcome aboard jfxstudios!

I personally have not made any attempt to open any type of official case with Bose.  From what I have seen, people have had consoles replaced and still had the problem on the replacement console.  We recently had someone come on that just bought the system and had the problem on a new console as well (that's a bit further up the thread).

The reason I haven't made any type of formal case with Bose is because the way I understand it my options are to go through the replacement process and still have the problem on the replacement console, or possibly return the system, which I do not want to do.

So in my personal case my option is to keep it and hope Bose can resolve it with an update.

Maybe someone else on here has done something more directly with Bose (other than posting here) and they can chime in.

I hope more people like yourself will contribute to this thread because this problem must be more widespread than we know.  I also can't imagine that there is no Bose store out there that hasn't seen this problem because the impression I have been given is that no one in any store has ever heard about this green line that we are all experiencing.  Collectively, I think we have all been through enough troubleshooting to rule out everything except the Bose 4K pass through.