Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

Hey SkyYYZ, no one ever answered your question of “would you have paid $4,000 for the speakers alone?”

My personal answer to that is absolotely NOT. Come to think about it, I would have probably paid around $1,500 for what I am getting out of my LS 650 right now functionality-wise, or went with a different product altogether. Wouldn’t be bad to hear what others would have paid for what they actually got.

I have been very happy with my sound/picture since by-passing the Bose 4K pass through. I can actually turn it on now and expect to have no issues (as long as I use the right remote to do so) which feels pretty good but it stinks to have lost all the other functionality out of the LS 650, particularly additional “full-bandwidth” HDMI inputs, as well as sacrificing performance of the XBox.

Thread has gone quiet and I think people have pretty much beat this topic to death and given up on a solution. Looks like Bose has almost succeeded in waiting us out.

Sure hope we get a solution from Engineering soon.

Brandon?? Joel??
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

Hi JaymeW,

Thank you for your post.  

I do apologize for the delays in getting you more information.  Let me assure you this is still being actively investigated.

Have we replaced the console for you?  Let us know; we can try a replacement to see if this helps the issue.  

-Brandon

Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

Replacement consoles still have the same issue

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Hello Brandon,

No, I have not personally tried a replacement console and am not really interested in going through that.  Like Nickdgo said, and what I have also read from other posters, the replacement consoles (and new consoles) have the same problem.

I truly appreciate the offer and would definitely take you up on that if I thought it would have a good chance at success.  From what I have read though, the likelihood of that resolving the problem would be low (unless there was some problem identified in the older consoles that had been knowingly corrected in the new ones).

Thanks!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi JaimeW,

Thanks for the response.  My understanding is that no hardware changes have been made in the console.  I'm looking into it now.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 8, 2017

Brandon,

I replaced my console last week and very disappointed to set up the system and experience the same green line (and color mismatch) issues. I’m passing Apple TV 4K and Xbox One through the Bose 650 along with a cable box. It’s the ATV & Xbox with the issues ‘4K’.

I was demonstrating my home theater systems to friends last night and kind of embarrassed having to explain the green line issue. If I turn the ATV on/off a few times, I can get everything to work. It’s a great system when it works but why do we have to use the term ‘when it works’ for a $4,000 system.

I will give 5 stars to the local Bose store Manager for his support unfortunately he’s not in charge of Engineering.   Bose needs to fix this issue. Sooner or later the reviews will catch up to sales and that may be the turning point.  

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Hi,

I recently bought the system and same issue, green bar on the right mostly, sometimes on the left as well. 

TV is LG Oled C7 series. 

Source for movies is Nvidia Shield. When I play movie /4k from Netflix from TV no issue. It is when the movie screen goes through the Bose Lifestyle 650 when I see this.. 

Looking for a solution as well, kind of annoying! Will try the overscan as well next time I see it.. 

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Hello mduijm and welcome,

Word to the wise. No combination of settings, new cables, new console, etc. etc. etc. will fix your problem. Collectively, I think those on this thread have tried everything.

The only thing that will fix the green line (and I am sure you will see color issues eventually) while we wait for a true fix from Bose is by-passing the console’s 4K pass-through altogether and just using it for audio (HDMI ARC or optical). You just have to decide whether whatever you have to sacrifice in other areas is worth the trade-off.

Best of luck!
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Hi Jayme,

thank you for the information. Will wait (im)patient 😉 

Will call Bose as well to see how and why. Perhaps helps better like that. Product is not up to specs like this. 

Martijn

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Hi all
Just a thought and I don't know if anyone has tried this but, connect which sources you want going into the Lifestyle for UHD and HD sound, turn every thing on, then on your Tv menu, factory reset your Tv, making a note before, of any calibrated settings.
Regards
Squadie