cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaymeW
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

Hello everyone,

I just wanted you all to know that I added some comments/update to my original post/question that started this thread.  I am hoping that other people looking for a solution, if they find the first page first, will be encouraged to join our discussion.

Not sure about all of you, but I still want this to be fixed the right way.  I've by-passed my console and haven't seen the Green Line since, but it sure would be nice to get back the extra HDMI inputs, the HDR on my XBox One X, and the Lifestyles Remote/System functionality that I personally lost in the process.  We'll see I guess.

Take care!

flexiboy
Collaborator
Registered since

May 25, 2018

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

Hi James can you explain the steps to by pass the console. I am using hdmi arc I think already. Only 1 cable from the console on hdmi 2

Paul

JaymeW
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Hey Paul,

I'll shoot you a message in a couple minutes.

flexiboy
Collaborator
Registered since

May 25, 2018

There was a software update over the weekend but alas still not fixed
mduijm
Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Yes. Tested it as well but no difference.

Are there release notes available for new releases?
mbw006
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2018

Just to add-on for 1) going on record that I'm another user that has had this issue since purchasing this equipment late 2017.  

Don't know if someone mentioned this already (have not gone through all 13 pages of comments), but if you keep switching video inputs and/or go in and out of set up screen, it sometimes will fix the issue (albiet only temporarily).  

Would like to also add on frustration that a $4,000 system should work flawlessly, just my two cents.

JaymeW
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Hello mbw006 and welcome!

Sorry you have the same problem but appreciate you joining in.  Yes, a little while ago we all figured out that switching sources and back would usually fix the Green Line temporarily.  Appreciate you offering that up again though!

Lets keep pushing Bose for a solution!

JaymeW
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Hey Brandon,

Any new word from Engineering or the escalation team?

I recently found this link on the history of Bose that I found very interesting:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/better_with_bose/dream_and_reach.html

After watching this I have to say that I did not realize how deep the connection was with MIT.  It also makes it VERY hard to believe that all of these great minds haven't figured this Green Line Problem out yet!

I am beginning to believe that this may be a hardware problem... perhaps inferior manufacturing/materials or something like that, which may have not been caught by the Bose team.  Not trying to disparage the Bose name here but we are all obviously having a problem and if it was as simple as an update I think it would have been fixed by now.  The delay in a solution as well as the perceived occasional blackouts of forthcoming information makes one wonder what is going on.

Would appreciate an update.

Thank you!

GoneGator
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 9, 2017

“Usually” being the keyword here. Last night switching back and forth didn’t work. So, we got the green line all night. 

Ridiculous neither Bose nor “Brandon” have said a #%@# thing about it. Especially since announcing they were abandoning replacing consoles. So, they know it’s THEIR problem. 

Why are are these systems still being sold as 4K compatible? 

SkyYYZ
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

There were so many missed opportunities to discover the problem much earlier on.  From the first post I located here on the community forum (January 2017,) reviewers who correctly identified the 4K pass-through option on the Lifestyle and SoundTouch 300 systems (but obviously didn't actually test it out), to the retail store demo installers who either used 1080p sets or else bypassed 4k pass-through and only connected to the systems by optical with video feed directly from the source device to the TV.  The engineering test set up environments were obviously not tested extensively in real-world setups or the issue was ignored.  It's baffling how many missed opportunities there were to discover this issue much sooner.

Edit:  Just found another thread (that was locked for some reason) from July 2017:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater-Speakers-Archive/Video-defect-w-lifestyle-600/td-p/62400